Wednesday, May 22, 2013

~ soft rainbow preemie blankie ~


Here's a little preemie blankie I finished up last night.  The pattern is just a basic granny square.  I used Red Heart Super Saver, ILTY!, and Bernat 4-ply worsted weight yarns with a 'J' hook.  It measures 24" square. 

The soft-white square at the beginning started out to be something else, but I decided that I really wouldn't wear it, so I switched to crocheting the blankie.  Here is the picture of what I started to crochet:


and here is the link to the blog where I found it if you're interested:

http://hobilerimveben.blogspot.com/2011/07/hanm-dilendi-bey-begendi-motifinden.html

She doesn't give a written pattern, but there are a few pictures to show what she did.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This coming weekend is going to be a busy one.  My nephew Michael is celebrating his 14th Birthday at the campground on Saturday, and then on Sunday my Vince is going to be riding in the 'Rolling Thunder Run'.  I'm thinking I might ride with him - I haven't made up my mind yet, but I'm leaning toward yes.  

 http://rollingthunderrun.com/ 

Thanks for dropping by my little part of the world.  I hope ya'll have a wonderful day.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. That is so pretty Debi, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely blanket again! I'm sure you'll make another family happy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really crank out those baby blankets. I think you should ride with Vince..if the weather is cooperative. Did I spell that right? Have a great weekend whatever you decide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a lovely blanket Debi! looks like you are going to have a great weekend, happy birthday to you nephew. The thunder run looks like great fun, I would definitely want to join in, have a great time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely blanket with lovely colors, Debi!!:) enjoy the ride and birthday. My best wishes for the run to both of you!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I looooove granny square and I love too this blanquet!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Debi: I love that blanket..So sweet great colors. Have fun this weekend. 14 is a big one

    ReplyDelete
  8. really love the blanket and its border!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable blanket and a cap :) the bolero seems so easy to make! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully crocheted.. :)) But ... I do like the pattern you nearly crocheted.. so different..

    The bike run sounds exciting. I hope you go with Vince, don't forget we need lots of pics :))
    hugs pat ..















    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful work with crochet. Please do go with your beloved and enjoy the ride cos it is not every day that you do it and it is different on motorbike and it is feeling freedom and smell the air. I used ride the motorbike and love it every minute when I rode. Also spend quality time with your beloved at the same time. Please let us know with new post about it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute blanket. The shrug looks like it should be easy to make. Happy Birthday to your nephew.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet blanket. I just love the granny. Sounds like you have an exciting weekend coming up. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for popping over Debi.
    I'm just loving your Baby makes!
    Love Suex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)