Sunday, June 23, 2013

~ 'grey skies' baby blankie ~


My newest baby blankie - 'grey skies'.  So called because it's grey and aqua, and it's raining outside.  And because of the rain - this is the best picture I can get.  Bummer.  This picture of when I first started the blankie shows the best colors:


The yarns are 4-ply worsted weight acrylic.  I'm not 100% sure of the brands because they were both mill-ends bags purchased from AC Moore.  I do believe the grey is 'I Love This Yarn' though - it's got the same look and feel.  I used a 'J' hook and the finished measurement is 24" square.

I've already started another blankie - it will be an 18-point round ripple.  The yarn I'm using is one I bought from Michaels yesterday.  It's called 'Craft smart' and the color is 'Tumbleweed'.  This yarn is new to me - never seen it before.  On the label it says "Distributed by Michaels Stores, Inc.", so I would guess that Michaels is the only place to get it.  The feel of it is like Red Heart Super Saver - so I'm hoping that after I finish the blankie, a quick run through the dryer with a damp towel will soften it up.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  


The price of this yarn is $2.49 - the variegated colors are 5 ounces, and the solid colors are 7 ounces.

This 18 point round ripple is based on Angelfire's round ripple - I added an extra increase round at the beginning and then changed a couple things.  I didn't write out a proper pattern for it - just notes.



Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. I think your babyblanket looks very bright, it looks more a sky brighting up after the rain. I like the colour combination. Well done again!
    Your next blanket will be beautiful too when I see the yarn you're using.
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your pattern for Wiggles Baby Blanket posted on Pinterest? It says "direct link" but I can't locate it. thx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi - the pattern is posted here:

      http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2011/09/wiggles-preemie-baby-blankie.html

      Delete
  3. It's lovely Debi, the colours go so well together, I'm looking for to seeing your 18 point round ripple, I love making round ripples :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your baby blanket looks very lovely, Debi!! The colors in the new yarn are cute ...waiting to see your ripple blanket :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The blanket look super bright in spite of what inspired it :) Lovely colors and yarn looks soft and good at crocheting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bright baby blanket, although it has only two colors. Looking forward to your next creation.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these colors. Can't wait to see the next finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Mrs debi ....love the blankie and the beanie...You Know....I'm using that yarn brand also from Michael's and I love it...nice and soft.I have bought few of those and "love it"...have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't thought about this combination yet but I absolutely love your color choice!!!
    Very beautiful blanket indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again you have done a wonderful blanket, Debi!
    The blue and gray combination great! I like!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Debi, great work like always!!! Love the teal and gray color you chose for the granny square blanket and hat you made. Let us know what you think about Michael's Craftsmart yarn, the colors are beautiful and very vivid but the texture is kind of rough to me, although I've never done the damp towel in the dry thingy. Great idea, I'll have to give it a try. Hope to hear from you soon regarding the outcome of the blanket. Blessings to you dear. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)