Saturday, June 15, 2013

~ nailed it! ~



I bought this 'starry silver glitter' nail polish because it's very pretty in the bottle.  It's just loaded with sparkles and such, but this is the result of 3 coats - I'm not doing any more. 

Just yesterday, I came across a blog that is all about nail painting.  I've never really been into the nails thing except for a short bit of time when I was working.  My sister Laura and I would paint our nails, but then I would go to work and they would be ruined within 2 days - so I stopped.  I guess when you do filing for a living that's what happens.

Well anyways - it's been a long while since I've paid any attention to my nails, and after looking through Elizabeth's 'Did My Nails' blog, I was inspired.  A trip to CVS drugstore and the Dollar Tree and I had enough stuff to start.  I bought a few bottles of polish and a package of little accents.  Look at these tiny little bottles - they're actually glass.  All of those were in one package for $1.00 - a great deal.     

 
I'm pretty sure I won't be getting too fancy with my nails (working on them takes away from my crochet time), but I am a girl (albeit an old girl), and I would like for them to look nice.  :)      
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Awesome post. I love the dollar store and your nails look so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. dollar tree!! yep and look for yarns and stuff because sometimes you can run across some good stuff..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nails do look so pretty! I need to pay more attention to mine..They look shabby..you have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your nails look lovely Debi, I never do anything with my nails, I have to keep them short being a nurse and they break so easy if I do grow them. I do envy those with pretty nails though, I'm looking forward to seeing what you do to them next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Debi :))
    I love pretty nails... You have me thinking about what you will do with the contents from those little bottles, :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...have fun with the experiment !!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had pretty nails. I use to fuss over them though, and then tire of the job and off came the polish and out came the clippers and forget sitting and filing the things. I find myself scrubbing out the bathtub and kitchen sink and my nails look a fright. I would go pull weeds and hate wearing gardening gloves and my hands would be stained, including the nails. Then someone made a remark about "you can always tell how hard a woman works by looking at her hands" LOL, well mine looked like they never stop working and the year I canned carrots they stayed orange of about a week. One time I did the fake nails thing and ended up with a fungus under one nail. That was nasty! and me being a nurse too. We were always taught to keep the nails short and clean, no polish because when it chips it harbors germs.....I agree with you on the 3 coats of sparkle, it just seems that many coats should result in a better covering of glitter. Can't wait to see what you do with all the accents. Those tiny bottles would work well in a dollhouse. Hope your weekend is going along fine.
    Susanne ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maybe the sparkly polish would look good on top of another color??? I'm going to go check out that blog. I too don't spend a lot of time on my nails, but every once in a while I feel the need to girly them up! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right Sandy - next time I'll use a color first. :)

      Delete
  9. Aww that sparkly nail polish reminds me of my childhood sleepover parties! I think you should use it as the top coat over a really bright colour - that's what my friends and I used to do.

    Thanks so much for adding my blog to your link list. I felt so honoured as I think your the first person to add a link to it! I've also added your blog to my link list - not that you need help driving blog traffic to here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emma - thanks for dropping by. Yes, I agree with you, next time I use the sparkle polish, I'll use a color base first. :)

      Delete
  10. lovely colour. I've stopped applying polish since a looooong time. Why ??? I dont know. My nails are like any guys nails. I'm too lazy to maintain them. good to see your beautiful nails. Feeling tempted to buy a few colours(maybe with sparkels) myself.

    Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)