Tuesday, July 23, 2013

~ Two on Tuesday ~


* spent Saturday visiting with a whole bunch of long-time friends.  Vince grew up with these guys and I met them all when I was around 17.  We've been through marriages, births of our children, and now we're all turning into grandparents.  Time goes by too fast.  But you know what?  Even though we're all in our 50's now - when these guys get together, it's like we're teenagers again.  We all had such a great time.

* On Sunday, Vince and I decided to drive to the golf cart place to see if we could buy some parts for our golf cart.  (I swear the man we bought ours from sold us a lemon.  Something breaks every time we drive it.)  We stopped at Dunkin Donuts first though - mmmm - coffee and donuts.  That was good.  Well, as it turned out the golf cart place was closed (what's up with that?) so all we were able to do is look through the fence at all the golf carts they had out on their lot.  Bummer.  On the way home, I got Vince to stop at AC Moore.  I bought a mill-ends bag of white bulky yarn and a skein of pink bulky yarn that I plan on making into a rug for my craft room.  So all in all - we took a nice drive, had coffee and donuts, and I got some new yarn - sounds like a perfect day to me.  :)               

Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. I love your 'Two on Tuesdays' they always make me smile :-) They remind me to stop and take notice of the good things!
    Shame that the golf cart shop was closed but aside from that, sounds lie a pretty perfect day to me too :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donuts and coffee always makes everything better. Especially if it's a buttermilk donut Yum! What kind did you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a glazed donut - very tasty! :)

      Delete
  3. Well, at least your trip wasn't a complete bust! Old friends are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's nice!!:) You enjoyed your weekend very well. Old friends are always delight to meet. And you were also lucky to pick a crafty bag on the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The golf cart guy was probably either golfing or was at dunkin donuts....Sounds like a great time with old friends. I have never been to an AC Moore. They aren't in this area. I would love to check them out,who doesn't love a good craft store. Blessings to you always

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would say so :) Hope your having a nice summer hun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good that you got some yarn,I need to buy some....but baby colors.have a great week,

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is usually the way things go, but at least it wasn't a total waste of your time, I mean donuts and coffee and then the bonus of getting some yarn, sounds like a good day to me! LOL
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad you had a fun time with your friends. Bummer about the golf cart place being closed, but at least you got a donut and some yarn. Made the trip worthwhile. :) I don't get to AC Moore often, but when I am there I always look for mill ends and they don't have any. I'm guessing they get snatched up shortly after they get there. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debi, thought I'd pop in and say "hi". Hope you and your family are well. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather. I've been thinking about you and wondering how you've been. I hope everything is well with you. :)

      Delete
  11. Sounds like a wonderful weeken! Love your cocoon in last post and thanks for sharing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)