Wednesday, August 21, 2013

~ preemie baby cocoons ~


These little preemie baby cocoons are so quick and easy to crochet.  The pink variegated cocoon was crocheted with Mary Maxim Baby Lolipop acrylic yarn - the color is 'candy floss'.  This yarn is so soft and was a dream to work with - no knots, no breaks.  The only thing is that Mary Maxim has it listed as a 'medium size 4' yarn and it is not.  I'd say it's a size 3 at the most. 

http://www.marymaxim.com/yarn/mary-maxim-lollipop-yarn.html

The soft-white cocoon was crocheted with good ol' Red Heart Super Saver.  I love that yarn.  As soon as I soften it up in the dryer, I'll put it with the rest of the cocoons, hats and blankies that will be donated to P.G. Hospital Center.  

Speaking of yarn sizes - I came across this chart by 'The Craft Yarn Council' that lists them all.  Very handy to have around.  :)

http://www.craftyarncouncil.com/weight.html


  
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Pretty! I like the pink one. I made my first one for the Guardian Grandmas last night (followed the pattern for the white one), as well as two Wiggles Hats. What patterns do you use for your preemie hats?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hsjm. I found the pattern for the preemie hat on another blog, but for the life of me I can't figure out which one. If I find it, I will post it for you. Here's a link to crochetpatterncentral with a whole bunch of different preemie patterns. :)

      http://www.crochetpatterncentral.com/directory/preemies.php

      Delete
    2. I found the pattern - it is posted here:

      http://thedaintydaisyblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/rosies-cozies-is-ready-for-action.html

      Delete
  2. They are beautiful Debi, I have been making preemie hats this afternoon for the Guardian Grandmas. That chart will come in very useful too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Debi. My next trip to the craft store, I'll pick up some yarn for a baby blanket (or two) to make for you. I'll need a break in my diamond bobble afghan at some point. Hope you have a wonderful day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for all the links!!!!
    love the white cocoon!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Ale - and thank you. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)