Friday, September 6, 2013

~ 2 more baby cocoons ~


Finished up 2 more baby cocoons for the hospital.  The left cocoon was crocheted with the yarn that I won from Astri of 'Apple Blossom Dreams' (thanks again Astri) when she had her guessing game about her scooter, and a strand of really, really thin acrylic that I had bought from Ebay a long time ago.  It measures 10" across by 14" top to bottom.  The cocoon on the right was crocheted with Red Heart Super Saver in 'soft white' and an unknown variegated that I found in my stash.  It measures 9" across by 12" top to bottom.

I've started a baby blankie with variegated greens that I bought from AC Moore.  I don't know the brand of the yarn because it came in one of the mill-ends bags, but I have a suspicion that it's Caron One Pounder.  The pattern I'm using for the blankie is from here:  http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2011/08/straight-up-granny.html

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm going to be taking a little break from making baby things because I've also started working on a project for the trailer at the campground.  I'm going to be crocheting curtain toppers for all the windows.  There are 3 single windows and 3 double windows.  Right now they look like this - just plain and yucky:

 
The curtain toppers won't be anything too fancy - just something to dress them up a little and add some color.  :)   
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Busy lady! Can't wait to see your curtains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cocoons are very sweet! And I know the valance toppers will turn out great since everything you whip is always fabulous! Best wishes and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet Debi, I'm sure your curtain toppers will be lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just completely adorable! And what a great idea for some stash busting! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cocoons are very pretty Debi. Your curtain toppers sounds like a fun project; looking forward to seeing what you decide to do. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful....so cute! .....lovely...have a great weekend.:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The baby cocoons are so sweet and cosy. Looking forward to seeing your curtains. I need some inspiration for Harvey j our motorhome as I was thinking the other day about how new curtains were in order as there are still the original pink velour ones xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so excited to see what you do for the window toppers. I love camper projects!

    The cocoons are so very sweet.

    Hoping your weekend is grand Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing the window toppers - it's such a brilliant idea. Are you making up the pattern yourself? x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma. Yes, I'm just going with what comes out of my head at the time. The dining room double window is the one I'm working on now - it's a basic open-shell pattern back and forth. The other ones I'm not sure about yet. :)

      Delete
  10. Great cocoons :-) I love the colors. Can't wait to see the curtain toppers; I know they'll be great :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. great !
    Greetings from Poland :)
    Katarzyna


    www.sajuki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)