Friday, September 20, 2013

~ baby cocoon and Laura ~


Here's another baby cocoon that I finished up.  Ladybug and Tex insisted on being in the picture, so I couldn't really get a good close-up picture of it.  It's a basic circle at the beginning with the open-shell pattern for the rest.  Looks like this pink one - http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2013/08/preemie-baby-cocoons.html - just different colors.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Not last time, but the time before when I went to the campground, I had planned on being by myself, so I went and bought some mace to take with me.  You never know what's hiding in those woods - I'm not afraid of the small critters, but I am a little afraid of the medium critters, the big critters, and the 2-legged critters.  When I got to the campground, I unpacked all my groceries and stuff and I put the package of mace on top of the TV.  I was eating my late lunch when my sister Laura called and said she was coming to the campground too.  So for the rest of the week it was me and Laura doing projects at the trailer and relaxing.  When Saturday came around, Vince came up and he had noticed the package of mace on the TV and he said to me "you know, mace won't work if you don't take it out of the package" - I looked at him and said "I don't need the mace - I have Laura".  He laughed - I laughed and Laura laughed too.  It was funny.  :)     
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Cute cocoon !! :) I think your dogs are possessive about your blog ;) or may be an indication to crochet something for them :)
    It is funny what you said about your sister but most important you are lucky to be so close to your sister that you can say like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gotta love puppy dogs; they love to photo bomb! Cute cocoon :-)
    Love the mace vs sister as protection story; thanks for the smile :-)
    Blessings :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, that sounds like me and my little sister - we are 9 years apart and every time she has a problem, I'm the one called for the rescue. Having a sister is just so great! I'm teaching her how to crochet right now :D

    I loved that baby cocoon! Lovely colors! Your dogs are so sweet, but my boxer does exactly the opossite - she's a little afraid of the flash and so she stays away from any camera, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh... I am so jealous! A lovely sister as a confidante and a big, loyal (only to me) dog.....two things I always wanted in life. But my brother is always my partner in crime which is not bad at all. :) And maybe one day I will gather courage to actually bring a doggie home. Hehe. Your posts always cheer me up.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sangeetha. Yes, I'm very lucky to have sisters to hang out with. :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great time with your sister. I have gotten closer to my sister in the last year and really enjoy being with her. Either the cocoon is very small or those are some huge dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol Charlotte - the cocoon is preemie size. :)

      Delete
  6. Hurra for you and your sister! Have a great time!
    You are a a great womans and a great sisters!
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the baby cocoons this one is very pretty :-) And I completely relate to the sisters story-I wish mine lived closer x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely story about Laura and you:) !
    Lovely doggies too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)