Tuesday, September 24, 2013

~ Two on Tuesday ~


* the season 11 premier of NCIS is coming on tonight.  Yay!!  Although, with Ziva leaving the show - I'm afraid this is the beginning of the end. 

* my plants.

   -  I had a plant that was around 7 feet tall and not doing well at all.  More than half of the leaves had fallen off, so I re-potted it into a bigger pot.  Still, leaves fell.  I gave up and sawed the plant off so I could put it in the trash and left the rest in the pot on the porch.  I just figured that I would get another plant and replace it.  A few weeks later I took a look at it and this is what I saw - 3 new leafy shoots growing out of the top.  I'm happy about that - I was a little sad because I had thought that I killed it. 


   - one of my orchid plants is getting ready to bloom again.


   - I bought a new orchid plant from the store for only $3.99 - it's the one in the green pot.  These orchids are regularly $19.99, so the trick to getting them so cheap is to buy them from the store when they are finished blooming.  I hope I can get this one to bloom again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An update on the curtain topper project:  no need to continue with the crocheted ones - my Mom gave us curtains that she no longer needed. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My sister Laura is now a Partylite consultant.  Partylite sells candles and candle accessories.  If you're in the market for candles, please consider visiting Laura's site.  Thank you very much.  :)

http://www.partylite.biz/sites/mistressdare

Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. I love Partylite, I used to have a friend that sold it and I had shows for her all the time. It was great getting all the free stuff. I'll definitely check out her site. I like my plants too, I mostly have pothos as they are easy to grow and when I forget to water them, they are very forgiving. :-) Have a terrific day Debi. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heather. I hope you have a terrific day too. :)

      Delete
  2. I don't have any plants at all in the house, though I would like to grow some kitchen herbs at some point. I am currently in the middle of remodelling my small garden and hopefully when the landscaping is complete I can start to think about plants for outside. In the house I used to live in I had a beautiful mature garden, so all this newness is quite an adventure for me.

    I love your Starbucks mug as a plant pot and good luck with getting your Orchid to flower x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, so will that plant grow tall again or become a bonsai? Your pots are lovely:) best wishes for your sister's new business !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Preeti. I don't have any idea how the plant will grow now - I kind of hope it will stay small. :)

      Delete
  4. Beautiful plants! You're not only talented in crochet, but also with plants :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Debi for telling your crochet friends about my Partylite Business, I really appreciate it cause I could use the advertising.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mrs Debi....beautiful plants...like all of them....:).....happy week....I will let you know about a package next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really have a green thumb, my dear!!!!!
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to see you are into plants too:) I love my plants and it make me happy when one of them has a new leave. Sounds a bit nuts;) Love to see the flowers of your orchid plant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debi!

    I've mentioned your Two on Tuesday in the new Like List on my blog, and for that purpose I've used your logo - hope you're okay with that?

    Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's perfectly fine Barbara - thank you for including me in your Like List. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)