Thursday, September 12, 2013

~ window topper, baby hat and a turtle ~


Update on my campground trailer project:  The 1st window topper is complete.  This one is for the dining room double window.  I tried not to make it too girly - after all, there are men to keep in mind, and they don't appreciate a lot of girly stuff.  There's only 3 of us girls - me, my sister Laura and my daughter Erica - and there are 7 guys - my husband Vince, my son Bobby, my nephews Travis and Spencer, my grandsons William and James, and Erica's fiance Dave.  I have to be fair to them.

The window topper was crocheted with Caron One Pound in 'sunflower' and it measures 76" across by 9" top to bottom.  I can't wait until my next trip to the campground to see how it looks hanging on the window.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ms. Luna of 'My Crochet, Mis Tejidos' posted a cute pattern for a baby pom-pom hat a couple of days ago.  I thought it was very cute, so I made one.  Mine doesn't have pom-poms though.  I had such trouble with trying to make them last night, that I just gave up.  Maybe next time.  Well anyways - here's the little hat I made yesterday:

 
I'm gonna make a couple more, but instead of sc I think I'll use half double crochets.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dogs Tex and Ladybug found a new friend this morning.  I looked out the back door and saw Tex sniffing around like crazy and Ladybug was just standing there staring intently.  I went out and found this turtle just minding her own business walking through the garden we have on our patio.  I wanted to keep her and make a crocheted cozy for her - http://geekcrafts.com/13351-crocheted-turtle-cozies/ - but since I know nothing about the care of turtles, I decided not too.  I'm going to be doing some research on that now and the next time a turtle wanders into our yard, she'll be mine.  Bwahahaha!  :)

        (wouldn't she look cute with a crocheted flower on her back?)
Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. Oh no, the turtle is beautiful enough, you wouldn't see the pretty drawnings anymore, maybe only a nice warm scarf ;-) The poor animal... luckely the dog didn't play with him ;-)
    Cute hat you have made!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where I come from you could have made turtle soup!! Yucky stuff anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooove the turtle! Andyour works, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the window topper, Debi! I think you did a great job of making it look "neutral", but still pretty! :) That hat is adorable!!! LOL about the next turtle being yours. My son has a pet turtle. It just swims around in the water, and soaks up the rays from the light. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so crazy! A turtle cozy? Love the window topper and baby hat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The window topper is lovely and the baby hat so cute it looks lovely with the tassels :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My Gosh Mrs Debi......love the window topper ...but...the baby hat is so cute....the yarn gave it a lovely touch....love the yarn ....I really like it.The turtle ,long time I don't see one....I use to have quite few years and years before....beacause of my kids.Happy weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  8. When we were kids we found a turtle too, only we had a big tractor tire and filled the inside of that tire with water, planted wild flowers in the center and the turtle lived all summer in there. I don't remember what happened to it later on (I had 5 younger brothers) hard telling with the boys in the family, but I do believe the turtle was happy. Your hat is sweet. I still plan to send those baby blankets but my friend has not stopped by yet to pick out the one she wants. If she isn't here by the end of next week I will send them regardless.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :) the valance looks great, It will cheer up the trailer. Oh honey, what woman ever really cared what the men thought about curtains, LOL If they have comments then tell them to suck it up and live with it! Or, the first one who complains or has a negative remark gets to do the dishes! That will hush them all up.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the window topper is really nice!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the window topper and the baby hat Debi. :-) Yes, I think the turtle needs a touch of crochet. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. The window topper is going to look very nice. Cute baby hat, too. My husband bought us turtles once and I knew nothing about them. Though I researched, let's just say they were not meant to live indoors and could not survive the heat outside. :/ Happy Friday! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Window topper looks great, Debi!! Love the yellow color! Turtle is cute!! :) you are right, you must do research first and then provide them the required habitat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh God that turtle would look amazing with a flower on her back, hahahah! I loved that window topper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)