Monday, October 28, 2013

~ Halloween weekend at the campground ~

Hi everyone - I'm back from a great weekend at the campground.  We left Friday morning because there was a lot of work to do to get ready for the Haunted TeePee on Saturday night.  Now, I don't usually do The Haunted TeePee, but this year it was being dedicated to my sister Teri, so I wanted to be there.

     (this paper is wrong - Teri has been at the campground since 1984, not 1994)

These are grave stones and a giant spider that my brother-in-law Frankie and his kids made.



This is what the teepee looked like in the day time:


The teepee is a circle, so all the rooms were pie-shaped and sectioned off with heavy black plastic.  The people walk in the door and then walk counter-clockwise through all the rooms.  The open spot is where the people came running out screaming because my nephew Frankie J. was the crazy man chasing them with a chain saw (it was perfectly safe). 

I only have a few pictures of the rooms as they were being worked on.  You'll have to imagine darkness, scary music and strobe lights added in for the night. 

This is my sister Laura and great-niece Kelsey's room:


Laura was a witch and Kelsey was a dead girl - she would sit up from the table and scream when people came in.  This is Kelsey, and let me tell you - this little girl can scream:


This room is my nephew Travis and Will's room.  Body parts everywhere.  Travis was dressed as a mannequin and Will was a devil man.  When people came in they would move toward them in the strobe lighting.


This room was my son Bobby's room.  He was the executioner.  When people came in he would drop the guillotine blade and a bloody head would roll onto the floor.  The 'body' on the bottom right moved. 



I can't remember who was in this room - I think it was my nephew Spencer.  He was dressed as a killer clown.  The skeleton in the coffin would sit up and make scary noises. 



This room was my nephew Dylan's and my room (sorry it's blurry).  Dylan was a vampire and he stood by the candlelier.  I was dressed in a ghillie suit and came out of the dark corner at the people.



It was fun scaring people - except for a small group of teenage girls that kept coming through towards the end.  Evidently they thought it was ok to hit us.  The lady in the 2nd room had to fuss at them because the girls were hitting the 3 young boys in the 1st room.  Then when they came through my room they started hitting me.  I yelled "alright - stop the hitting!"  I'm not sure if they hit anyone else, but they probably did.

Here's a sort-of group picture.  Some of our people are missing.  See the clown that's standing 4th from the right?  That's my nephew Spencer.  He thought it would be funny to scare his Aunt Debi.  I had walked to the next room to ask Laura a question and when I came back to my room and went to stand in my corner, Spencer was already there.  Needless to say, he scared the heck out of me.  I'll have to get him back next year.  (insert evil grin here) 


I really wish I had taken more pictures - everyone and everything looked so great.  I'm really happy that I joined in this year - I had a awesome time.  If I come across any more pictures - I'll post them too.

Happy Halloween!!   

  
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Wow, it looks like you guys had a lot of fun! I have no idea what a ghillie suit is, but you look funny in that costume, somehow tree-ish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara. The ghillie suit is used for camoflage in the military and for hunting. I used it as a monster suit. :)

      Delete
  2. All that gory stuff would have scared the living crap out of me. I'm quite the sissy when it comes to such things. How nice that your sister was remembered for all the work she used to put in these things. I imagine it was heartwarming and heartbreaking at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was Rita. It was very nice of the campground people to honor her. :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a great Halloween! I love to "watch" other people get scared !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fun weekend! Very creative rooms and costumes! Glad ya'll had a fun time! Kathy:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You guys put a lot of time and work into doing that. Someone always does all the work, and someone always has to be a rotten egg (the hitting girls). Your sister would have been happy to know you all helped keep this Halloween celebration going. How nice that it was dedicated to her memory.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Halloween, Debi!
    It looks like you had a truly awesome event! Great costumes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scary! This scares!, Debi! hahahaha!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)