Wednesday, October 23, 2013

~ meet Murphy and Lewis ~

A little while back, my gerbils Rocky and Mugsy passed away (their life span is only about 3 years) - so a couple weeks ago I went to Petsmart and bought 2 hamsters.  I introduce to you Murphy and Lewis:


They are Robo dwarf hamsters and are about 2" long.  They still won't let me touch them - I think the girl at the pet store scared the sh** out of them.  She chased them around the cage for a few minutes trying to catch them.  I think she should of used a net.  I keep putting my hand down flat in their cage so they can get used to me and know that I will not hurt them.  Lewis has been a little braver than Murphy and has checked out my hand to see what it is, but that's about it.

Since they are Robo dwarf hamsters, their names were chosen from the 'Robo Cop' movie - Murphy was the Robo Cop and Lewis was his partner's name.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here's my orchid I showed ya'll a little while back.  It has bloomed up real pretty, and it still has a few more that need to pop out.  The other 3 orchid plants aren't doing anything at the moment - I wonder why.  


As always - thanks for dropping by.  I wish you all a great day.  :)   
Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. nice to meet Murphy and Lewis, pretty cool names for hamsters!
    Seeing your orchid made me think of my parents' vacation this summer, when I had the duty to take care of their plants (including orchids) - can you believe, that I had watered this one orchid three times (!) before I realized it was a plastic one?? And I had always wondered why this one was standing on a drawer and not on the window sill next to the others... *lol*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny Barbara - I bet your Mom wondered why the plastic one was wet. :)

      Delete
    2. That's the point - I only realized that it was a plastic plant, when the pot was overflowing ;) and so of course I had to dry everything before she came home. But I told her, and she had to laugh, too. :)

      Delete
  2. I'm laughing at barbara and her comment...I am not a hamster or gerbil person..look too much like mice to me. I know I wouldn't be touching them either. But that is why we are all different ..different loves, likes and dislikes. May you always find the joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Mom is not a hamster or gerbil person either - she always says "ewww Debi - why do you have rats?" :)

      Delete
  3. Your hamsters look so cute.
    Love orchids too!

    Groetjes, Monique

    ReplyDelete
  4. My girls have been bugging me for more little furry things. I keep saying heck no but then I see yours and think AWWWWW how cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Criossa. I say 'go for it' - your daughters will love them and they are easy to take care of. :)

      Delete
  5. Hello Debi and hello to Murphy and Lewis. I am sure given time those little hamsters will overcome their fear of you and climb onto your hand.

    That Orchid is spectacular, so pretty too

    Have a great day Debi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, two inches? "Dwarf" is right! They are cuties. I've never known a hamster but had a guinea pig who was a real character. They get their furry little paws around your heart, that's for sure.

    That orchid is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your orchid is beautiful. I've never tried to grow them. Welcome Murphy and Lewis; looking forward to hearing about your antics. :-) I need to find your craft room post. You had a lot of good ideas. Have a great day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new hamster buddies look very innocent and cute, Debi!! :) they will surely get to know you soon. What kind of food do they eat? I don't keep pets at home but enjoy watching what others have:)
    Your orchids have bloomed very well!! I am still a naive person when it comes to gardening but when my hit n trial methods lead to even a single flower, I feel I have cleared an exam. Right now, in one of my pots there are few plants about 6 inches high which I am not able to identify whether they are weeds or actual plants....so I let them grow:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. orchids.....we have a lot here!!!!!
    your is really beautiful Debi!!!!
    xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)