Wednesday, October 16, 2013

~ my time away at the campground ~

Granted, I really don't camp at the campground because we have a trailer and most of the comforts of home, but it's nice just to get away sometimes and do something different.  Vince and I left on Friday morning and spent the weekend grocery shopping, golf cart riding and doing odd jobs around the trailer.  Vince actually did all the hard work - he got up on the roof and cleaned it off, cleaned out the gutters and then cleaned the whole outside of the trailer.


Vince left on Sunday afternoon and from then until Wednesday evening I was all alone.  I had a nice, quiet peaceful time - did what I wanted, when I wanted.

I crocheted some baby hats:


and a small round ripple for the back of the chair in the living room - the colors match the curtains and the pillows on the couch:


I also crocheted 2 tiny baby blankets and a cocoon, but I'll have to show those pictures later since I haven't taken any of them yet.

On Wednesday evening, my sister Laura and my nephew Spencer showed up, and then my nephew Travis showed up on Friday.  My youngest sister Julie and her family also showed up on Friday.

My sisters and I decorated the bathhouse across the road - it looks so much better now.  Here's pictures of the ladies side:




and this is the man's side - we didn't add frilly stuff in there - just shower curtains, a paper towel holder and 2 hand soaps:


Everyone left on Sunday except for me and Laura, so we decided to switch the furniture around in the trailer living room.  I like it, but the coffee table is a little out of place where we had to put it and the chair is a little close to the tv.  It should be alright though.  We really don't spend a lot of time in the trailer - we're mostly sitting on the porch yakking away. 





All in all, I had a great time - the only thing that was bad was the rain.  It started on Tuesday around noon, and didn't stop until Sunday night.  It was chilly too - so much so that I wore my hoodie practically 24-7.  You can see me in the picture above wearing sweatpants and a hoodie.  Hopefully next time I go there'll be no rain.  :) 


Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderfully relaxing time. Where do I sign up? :-) Have a great day. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to get away. Something just a little different. I wouldn't mind camping if I had a place to go like yours..I just can't stand to sleep in a tent, on the ground or air mattress...and it always seems to rain. Sounds like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The love you guys have for staying in the campground is very similar of the love my family has for staying at the beach. There's nothing better than just going away for a few days and relaxing! Btw,loved the decorations in the bath house :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a great time. Lots of crocheting! Love what you did to the bath houses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Storm and rain can be cozy as well ;-)
    I think you hadn't time to get bored over there. You crocheted nice items again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you made it home safely. Have missed you. Every day I looked to see if you posted. Sorry it rained on you, but that is always a good excuse to catch up on the jobs inside or to crochet (I like the crocheting if I had to choose, lol). I bet the campers are so glad for all you did for the showers at the camp ground. I know women are more into the privacy thing. I have been crocheting shawls, on my last one now and waiting for my display mannequin model that I ordered so I can use her to show off what I made. I have been thinking of a name for her. Still need to do some blocking though.....I hate that chore, but it sure makes the stitches look better.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debi...you had a beautiful time...great! Your crochet is very nice...love it.
    Send you many greetings and wish you a happy week,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back Mrs Debi !...looks like you has a great time....ladies bathrooms are looking nice and organized.I can see you had crochet some cute beanies......Monday morning I will get in contact with you.Many thanks for sharing your camping time pictures....:0) ....Good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  9. you have been really busy!!!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love camping:)) so much fun :)).......... Love all the little baby crochet , Thanks for sharing :)) HUgs..

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it should be a requirement to getaway for a few days to recharge our inner self! You were also very productive! Maybe it's the crisp fall air! (I have to wait until Nov/Dec to get a hint of that crisp fall air) Enjoy your day! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Time well spent, it seems! Nothing beets some time to re-charge and craft!
    Great work in the bathhouse - I'm sure it was appreciated! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Bummer that it rained the whole time, but I'm glad you had a nice little getaway. Love the things you crocheted! The bathhouse work you and your sister did looks wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)