Friday, November 29, 2013

~ a hat, slippers and my fridge ~

A pretty little baby hat - crocheted while the cable man was here last Tuesday.  He had turned off the tv and the internet so he could re-wire the cable outside and I was a little bored to say the least.  I had started the laundry, cleaned the kitchen and the bathroom, but I needed something fun to do - so I made a hat.  The yarn I used is Premier Yarns Deborah Norville collection Serenity Baby.    


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My niece Jessi saw this picture on Pinterest and asked me if I could crochet her a pink pair.


This is the best that I could do - I hope they look better on her feet.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also saw an idea on Pinterest about lining the shelves in your fridge.  The lady used placemats in hers - I had to use shelf liner in mine.  It really doesn't serve any purpose, it just dresses it up a little.  :)

 
Thank you all for dropping by, and thanks so much for all the happy Birthday wishes - it really made my day happy.  :)
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. Nice slippers! :-D
    Lovely babyhat, that good for another warm baby head, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love your converse. they are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute hat and slippers! Love your fridge, too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The slippers are great. Really funny.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, the converse are just amazing!! Some clever shaping going on their, impressive! X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely hat Debi and those slippers are fantastic you are so clever Jessie will love them I'm sure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute hat and your "Converse" shoes/slippers turned out terrific; super cute! Neat idea for the shelves of the fridge too. Have a great weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the slippers...Would love a pair in hot pink,,,wink wink Your fridge looks lovely and as always love the baby hat.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love you fridge. I saw the same idea and decided to do it myself. I used the same shelf liner as you as well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WHAT!!!!!!!!! Did I miss your birthday???? Well, HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY to you DEBI! Your slippers turned out pretty good. The fridge idea is another great find. I love Pinterest, so many ideas, so little time.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely hat and fab slippers! It's nice to dress things up a bit. Your shelves look so pretty. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute hat and I think the slippers are adorable. I am sure they will look wonderful on. Now that something for the fridge. Yes, it does dress it up. Could be cute in seasonal papers too. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute hat and shoes! And what a lovely idea for the fridge! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ohh Debie..Its been long time now..visiting your blog..Well I had my health issues so could not see your post..so sorry..& Did i miss your Birthday ??? Anyways..wishing you now...Belated Happy Birthday !!!!

    Well thats very very cute hat and slippers !!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great crochet projects! You're like me...I have to keep my hands busy even if I'm just watching TV!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your pink version of the slippers look better than the pin interest version, nicely done. A very darling baby hat too x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aunt Debi, I LOVE the slippers!!! They are so awesome! I can't wait to wear them and show them off =) and what makes them even better, is I am the only one in the entire world who was them. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)