Friday, November 8, 2013

~ today was the day.........~

......for my delivery to Prince Georges Hospital Center.  No - not a baby (that would of been a miracle) - I delivered all the baby items from the 'guardian grandmas'.  Here's a picture of the back of my car before I left:


I called Wanda - she's the Volunteer Services Coordinator - before I left to let her know I was coming.  I had talked to Wanda previously, so she knew what I was doing.  

Wanda met me out front with a wheelie cart to collect the bags, and then I parked my car up on the 6th floor of the parking garage.  If you take the time to look around, it's a nice view.  I met up again with Wanda and she took me to the Pediatric ward to have a small tour.  Everyone was so nice and welcoming - I felt right at home.  

Here are the ladies in the Pediatric ward checking everything out - except for Wanda - she's the one that took the pictures.  There were a lot of "awww's", "that's so cute" and "that's adorable".  I loved it.  







I explained who the 'guardian grandmas' were, and I gave Wanda a list of everyone's first name and the state where ya'll live.  She told me to let ya'll know that if anyone is ever in the area - she'll be happy to give you a tour.

Thank you to Wanda and the ladies in the Pediatric ward - and a big thank you to all of my 'guardian grandmas' - without you, this would not be possible.  ♥ 
Print Friendly and PDF

19 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh....That was lovely.....you did great Mrs Debi....:)
    Have a great weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, Debi! you are a great person and you are able to do miracles! I also congratulate all those who have collaborated with this project. This is something very good and very big! I'm really excited! Congratulations to all of you! you are great people and very good knitters! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing those pictures, it's almost as if we were there! And what a great job you and your guardian grandmas are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very heartwarming. Kudos to you and the other ladies who made these wonderful items. Love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice batch of things to gift the hospital unit with for the new babies. The weather is getting colder and I'm sure the new moms will be so happy to bundle up their little ones in the pretty blankets, cocoons and hats. I love seeing the photos of the people at the hospital. Somehow it makes it all a little more personable.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is terrific Debi! Thank you for sharing the pictures. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did a great job, Debi!! Thanks for sharing the pics !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool that they enjoyed looking at all the baby items with you Debi! Thanks for the great job on getting it going:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on a wonderful effort ladies :)) There are going to be some very happy Bubs and Mums in need out there...
    The world is a better place today Thankyou :))

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing your pics! From your car being loaded to the unveiling by the nurses!
    Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. lovely!!!!! your project is great Debi, as great are all the ladies that helped you !!!!!
    happy weekend, xxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Debi for showing us the journey of all the hand made items contributed by the Guardian Grandma's, it looks quite a large delivery in the boot of your car. Well done to you and all who helped to make this possible. I am sure all the items will be loved and used by the children on the ward.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's lovely Debi, it's nice to know that your work is appreciated, unfortunately some of the neonatal Units in the Uk are a bit picky and will only take specific items made to their specifications, it is all rather off putting at times, so it's nice to know that everything is so well received. Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job from all of the Guardian Grandmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The Guardian Grandmas are also Guardian Angels.

    ReplyDelete
  16. A huge compliment to you for doing this and for everyone who have made these sweet things.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a wonderful project you put together Debi. You are so very kind.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those lucky babies :) You guys are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)