Tuesday, December 31, 2013

~ Two on Tuesday ~


* Daughter Erica and I went to Joann Fabrics Friday evening.  I got 2 skeins of yarn that is brand new to me - I've never heard of it or seen it before.  It's called Lion Brand Keppi.



Each skein is 2.3 oz., and is 80% acrylic, 20% polyester.  They were on sale for $3.99 each.  The big puffy thing on top of the skein is a giant pom-pom.  The wrapper says that 'one ball makes a hat from baby to adult size small'.  Not really.  I started a hat for my great-niece Lena and only got this far:



I went through my yarns and had to add more.  This is the finished hat:


(the back)

(the front)

In the top picture of the back, you can see where I had to go back and sew in some dark pink variegated eyelash yarn just so it could match a little.

I'll make a baby hat with the turquoise skein.

*  I got cat-called.  I know that shouldn't make me smile, but it did.  I'm a 52 year old grandma and that hasn't happened in a looooong time.  :)
     
Print Friendly and PDF

11 comments:

  1. Neat yarn and your hat turned out great. Happy new year to you and your family. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you. I love the hat. Oh a cat call and I am so glad it made you smile..hugs..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy new year 2014 Dear friend, I wish you every happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice hat. It must have been fun to receive a cat call. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting yarn Debi I do like the different textured affect the hat is very pretty. :) Happy New Year and all the very best for 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've seen that yarn at Joann Fabrics, picked it up and laid it back down. I wondered what that pom pom was on the top, now I know, lol. Too bad that you ran out of the yarn before the hat was completed, but you compensated and it turned out great! Happy New Year to you Debi.
    Love you,
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the hat, Debi! Too bad you had to add yarn to it, but you did a great job on that! As for the cat call...you go, girl! :D Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy new year to you and your family, Debi!! :) lovely yarn and the hat looks very sweet !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Running out of yarn would be my luck also. I've seen this yarn online but it didn't call my name. Maybe if it had been a cat-call? Hope you and your family have a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, had never seen the yarn before, and thought it would make nice, quick hats for my nieces. However, they are 8 and 10, so I thought the "adult small" hat would work best. I used the pattern on the back of the Taffy package - and ran out of yarn before I had a full hat. At least, it didn't look like a complete hat in the mirror. I think I will take it apart, and add some yarn from my stash to the top and bottom, perhaps using a different pattern as well. Neat idea, but fails on execution of "baby to adult small" in size.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)