Tuesday, January 14, 2014

~ Two on Tuesday ~


Found out I'm a scofflaw and a convicted felon.  (It's funny when you think about it.)  I'll explain.

*  You may remember that my sister Laura and I decorated the bathhouse that's across the street from our campsite.  Here's 2 pictures to refresh your memory.




Well, I was looking through the by-laws of our campground and found out that we were not supposed to do that.  I did not know this.  So far they have not sent out the SWAT team to get us, so I guess we're ok.

*  I've been looking for a job for a little while now and have applied twice at the City of Bowie.  Both times I got a nice, polite rejection letter.  A few days ago, I applied for another job and submitted my application.  (All 3 applications were sent through their website.)  For some reason I decided to go back and look at my applications again and I noticed that the question that asks "have you ever been convicted of a felony?" was checked 'yes'.  Wait, what?  Oh jeez - really?  I'm not a convicted felon - I'm not a convicted anything.  I tried a few times to change it, but I couldn't.  No wonder I'm getting rejection letters.  I called the HR department and the young lady told me that their computers were down and that she would call me back.  She did not call me back.  (Probably doesn't want to associate with a convicted felon.)  My next phone call was to my daughter Erica - she works at the City of Bowie.  She will call her friend in HR and get this fixed for me.  

Once I got over the initial 'uh-oh, now what?' - both of these situations are funny to me.

I looked at Vince and asked "dang man, what kind of woman did you marry?"  He just said "I don't know".  :)
           
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. Oh no, Debi! I hope that gets fixed and I hope that you find work that you love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no you poor thing! I do hope you get it fixed .....soon!
    xx Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Debi don't speak too soon, once they find out what you did to the bathroom who knows what might happen haha I hope it gets fixed soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is funny, kind of, in a sick sort of way. I hope you get whatever your heart desires in your job hunt...blessings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear-hope it gets sorted soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh goodness! thanks for the giggle to break up my work day! I think your comment to Vince is what put me over the edge of an actual "LOL"!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a new one -- guilty of decorating. Next we'll hear you've been yarnbombing! I do hope the glitch gets fixed soon and you can get hired, but it's funny, too. Gotta love government computer systems.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no. It sounds funny but at the same time its sad. I hope its corrected soon and you get that job.
    Best Wishes!
    -Ranjitha :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Debi, you sure made me LOL with this post! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I imagine the worst they would do is ask you to take it down, but it looks really nice. :-) Hopefully your daughter can help with the mistaken identity issue. :-) Hope your week is going well so far. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  11. You crack me up, you felon, you! Hope you get it all straightened up so that you can go to work to earn more money for yarn, lol. So sorry I have not commented lately, we had that sub zero 40 degree below zero weather and I was in the house for 4 days, on the fifth and 6th days I shoveled snow only to have it melt the next 2 days. I am so whipped and bored too. Many things need doing but I need someone to set a stick of dynamite under me to get me started. (((HUGS))), keep warm, Susanne :)
    ps, love how google made snow fall on your picture, is that something new? Love all those new baby blankets and hats and bunting/sacks for the cause.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you made me laugh!!!!
    Hope everything will be sorted out soon!!!!
    xxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the laugh! Sounds like something I would do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh!! Well, you're certainly very good-natured about it! I love that! Sometimes you just have to roll with it, right? =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)