Thursday, February 20, 2014

~ A couple projects and a guardian grandmas donation ~

This first project is a draft dodger that I made with my knitting machine.  I made a tube 37" long and then stuffed it with polyester fiberfill.  Quick and easy and serves a purpose.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This little baby cocoon is for my sister Laura's best friend Joanie.  Joanie is due any day now with her 5th baby.
I made it with Lion Brand Baby's First yarn - one skein green and one skein yellow - and I used an L hook.  Joanie didn't want to find out the sex of the baby, so green and yellow are the colors she's using.
  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My friend Yvette and her Mom Marie sent me these cute little baby hats for the 'guardian grandmas'.  Thank you Yvette - I appreciate it very much.  Please tell your Mom I said "thank you" to her too.  You're both angels in my book.  ♥



Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. Love the baby cocoon for Joani... I think she'll love it too, Thanks Debi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely baby cocoon, Debi!! :) we don't discriminate the colors based on the sex of the baby - blue for boy, pink for girl. So we don't have to think about these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet of you to make a baby cocoon for Joani!
    Have a lovely weekend Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cocoon. I'm sure your sister's friend is going to love it. In my home country its not allowed to find out the sex of the baby, so I always end up choosing common colours whenever I make stuff for my friends there :-)
    -Ranjitha

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such lovely items...yours and the guardian grandma's! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely donation,love the beanies,cute colors and sizes.The cocoon came out so adorable.I want to make one.Happy weekend Mrs Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely gifts for the guardian grandmas-your cocoon is fab and I really like your draught excluder! Hope you have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the draft dodger you made. They are so useful. I am sure if I made one my dogs would grab it up and think it was a toy. The new donations are a nice addition to the guardian Grandmas project. I am so slow and poky, my intentions to donate have not gotten very far, but I'm glad that you are able to receive some things on a regular basis. The grandmas are a great bunch of people who are very loving and caring to help with this charity.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)