Wednesday, July 16, 2014

~ Sarahsweethearts: Crochet & Questions ~

This looks like fun!  Hop on over to Sarahsweethearts blog and join in!  :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Are you a multi crafter?

* yes I am.  I've done a lot of different crafts over the years - some have stayed, some have not.







Do you like to knit or crochet more?

* I crochet 






What is your favorite brand of yarn?

* Red Heart Super Saver - you can't beat the color selection.



Striped, variegated or solid?

* I enjoy crocheting with all 3




How long have you been crocheting/knitting?

* I've been crocheting for 32 years

Your preferred hook size?

* it used to be an 'I', but now it's a 'J'

Acrylic, wool, cotton or blends?

* acrylic

Do you like a regular handle or a thicker handle...such as a wood covered, clay covered, etc.

* I prefer my hooks with a clay handle.  I first made them in 2002 to help my hand, and they're all I've used since.




Do you donate or gift most of your items?

* I donate and gift about 90% of the items I crochet

What sort of charities do you donate to?

* I crochet for the 'guardian grandmas'



What is your main reason for being a yarn/textile enthusiast?

* I don't know - I think it's just in my bones.  I love looking at and going through my yarns thinking about what projects I'd like to crochet with it. 

 What hook size do you not have in your collection?

* I believe I have them all

How did you learn?

* my sister Teri taught me how to crochet a granny square when I was in high school.  A few years later a friend gave me a refresher, and I've crocheted ever since.




Thank you Sarah - I enjoyed this little crochet quiz.  :)




Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. 1 project at a time. Crochet. "I LOVE THIS YARN". Solid. I or J. Acrylic. Thicker handle (Etimo Tulip). Fair amount of gifting. Humane Society. Crochet calms me down. I have them all (!). My sister-in-law taught me in 1978 with basic granny square.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bird feeders very creative and neat looking! I also liked your crochet hooks I wouldn't mind learning how to make my own clay handle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debi~ 'Really enjoyed your answers! Funny how the hook size goes UP as we get older(!) LOL! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know where my reply went! It said error, lol. Anyway, I love your answers Debi, and the picture to go with them. Very well done! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always nice to learn more about you, Debi :-) Thanks for the info and the link. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice quiz! I've enjoyed reading your answers :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyable reading.. Crochet just takes over my day... I think I must have a problem lol... Have a lovely day Debi:))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Debi! This is nice to read:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debi,I enjoyed reading your answers:) 90% is quite a lot to giveaway .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, that was fun! Thanks for sharing. =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. How to get invited to Sarahsweethearts blog? Anyone knows??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks like the permissions have been changed since I first wrote this post in 2014. I have no idea how to get invited to her blog now. I think maybe it's been closed.

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)