Thursday, September 4, 2014

~ 'guardian grandmas' donation from Amy S. ~

I received this donation Tuesday and at first I didn't know who it was from, but Amy S. messaged me and let me know it was from her.

Tucked inside the box I found a granny square blanket, 5 baby cocoons, and 9 baby hats.  Amy told me that she made the cocoons and hats on her Addi knitting machines.

Thank you so much Amy.  ♥ 




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here is the finished baby cocoon that I made with my Innovations knitting machine.  It took me about 3 tries before I got it right.  The trick to the knitting machine is to go real, real slow so as to not drop stitches, or jam the stitches up on the 1 stupid needle that always gives me a problem.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  

(you can make the video go faster by clicking on the little sprocket thing, and then click on 1.25 or 1.5)


Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic video! I love seeing and hearing you. I've wondered about a knitting machine for making hats and baby cocoons. So pretty the way you have combined the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debi
    Fantastic Video!
    Great idea sharing the opening with your readers!
    It's like Christmas every day at your house too!
    Keep on with the good work you are doing!
    Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute baby stuff! Good luck with that knitting machine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. like the cocoon you made and the ones you've received from Amy!!!! The blanket made me smile, because I'm crocheting a granny square in the same colours!!!!! ;oD
    xxxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have one needles that likes to get caught up on my innovations too. It frustrates the heck out of me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is it needle #37? That's the one that gives me trouble.

      Delete
  6. Hey Debi, Just gorgeous baby cocoon!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up when you said you were about to throw your knitting machine out the front door, lol. I have felt like that a time or two myself. I don't have the machine but I have these long things that you can make knitted stuff with, have never used them. I sometimes think I am more of a collector of "stuff" to make things with but never get around to using it. Just like my serger, I have yet to fire that thing up and trim any seams. Oh well, some day maybe. You sure got a lot of nice baby things. The grandmas are dedicated and I think a blessing. Winter is right around the corner so there will be a lot of warm babies and happy mamas. Love your videos.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got home, - your blog is one of the first that I check! 'Love the video, Debi! Even though you have to go slow with the knitting machine, I truly believe its much faster than hand-knitting. I can crochet at the speed of light (well, sort of...), but my hand-knitting has always been laboriously slow. Lovely donations, too. You are always a cheerful spot in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your video's Debi. I'm so fascinated by the knitting machines but I'm sorry to hear it's not working quite as you'd hoped.
    Beautiful donations as always.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)