Saturday, November 1, 2014

~ baby blanket finished ~

I finished up this baby blanket last night.  I crocheted it with various brands of white and off-white yarns.  All of the yarns are labelled 'size 4', but believe me - they are all not 'size 4'.  Some were a light size 4, some were a medium size 4 and that darn Red Heart Super Saver in 'white' was a thick size 4.  I don't understand why the RHSS white is like it is - the RHSS 'soft white' was not thick - it was a nice medium size 4.  About 90% of my yarn stash is RHSS and most of it is a medium size 4 and relatively soft.

***  light size 4 = probably could be labelled a size 3
medium size 4 = the perfect weight - soft and squishy
thick size 4 = feels a little stiff and solid - like crocheting with a small rope  ***

Well, anyways - I enjoyed crocheting the blanket.  It was easy to do and since the squares were solid, I only had one yarn end to weave in on each.


(The squares that have the pink tinge and blue tinge are Patons Canadiana - white yarn with color spots on it.)


***the link to the flat braid joining is over on the right sidebar
   

Print Friendly and PDF

13 comments:

  1. I love the colors you used. Subtle and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looooove it!
    Congratulations for your work, Debi!
    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this blanket with its different shades of white and just slight specks of color, Who ever gets this blanket should be mighty please. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty blanket Debi. Hope you are staying warm, it's cold in the 30's! here. Take care, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful bsby blanket. Love the color combination. I agree about RHSS....you never know what you're going to get!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this baby blanket! I'm with you on the RHSS. Sometimes it is sooo thick, it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice. Someone will be very happy to bundle up their little one in it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debi~ I seriously LOVE that blanket!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby blanket is beautiful Debi !!:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's gorgeous Debi, I love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks lovely and warm and so soft :)) Love it Debi :))
    hugs pat ..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute pattern Debi. The colors you used make it look so sweet and delicate. Lovely work! penny x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)