Thursday, April 9, 2015

~ 'guardian grandmas' donation & pattern thievery ~

Good morning everyone!  Long time no see - I hope you've all been well.  I've been good - same old, same old for me.  

Yesterday I received a generous donation for the 'guardian grandmas' from Toni (Gramma2Seven).  A lovely ripple baby blanket and matching hat.  Also included were 52 adorable little baby hats in various sizes.  Thank you so much Toni - I appreciate the time and effort you put into your donation.




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I got an email from a nice lady on Ravelry letting me know that a certain seller had stolen one of my patterns and was selling it.  I went and checked, and sure enough, she has listed my 'Wiggles square for SIBOL' as one of her own.  Her Ravelry name and Etsy name is 'Designs by Edelweiss' - and she is a pattern thief.  If you have designed crochet patterns, you might want to go and check out her sites to see if one of yours is there.  

Here are the links so you can see for yourself:

her Ravelry page with my square on it:  http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/walking-on-air-2

her Etsy page:  
https://www.etsy.com/listing/228557275/step-on-me-rug-crochet-pattern-easy-to?ref=shop_home_active_7

my 'wiggles square for SIBOL' blog post:
http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2011/10/wiggles-square-for-sibol.html

As everyone knows, this kind of situation really ticks me off.  I don't believe anyone has the right to take from someone else.  If you sell patterns on Ravelry or Etsy - if you're a blogger with a small fan base, or a blogger with a large fan base - it's still wrong.  Just ask the original designers of the patterns that the store owner or blogger is passing off as her own, and see how they feel about it.  I bet you a dollar they don't like it at all.    


Well, I don't want to leave off here in a bad way, so I will wish you all a great day.  Get in as much crocheting as you can.  :)

Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. What a lovely donation!
    Awefull that someone clames your pattern as hers and dare to sell it too. I hope she gets a lot of troubles with stealing patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Debi, Just letting you know I was here...I agree with you on the pattern thing..has gotten me kicked out of a few groups..said I didn't play well with others..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Vikki. I just don't understand why a lot of people think it's ok to steal - makes no sense to me.

      Delete
  3. Great to see you Debi, lovely donations I love that blanket. There has been a similar situation last weekend, someone was selling some of Marianna's patterns on ebay several of us reported it to ebay and questioned the thief too. Luckily all her listings were taken down quite quickly, Have you reported her to Ravelry and Etsy, I'm going there now to see what I can do. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda. I'm sad to hear that Marianna's patterns were stolen too - but I'm glad that the thief got caught. I have contacted the seller of my pattern and told her to remove it from her sites. I haven't heard anything back from her yet. If she doesn't remove them, I will file the paperwork with Ravelry and Etsy.

      Delete
  4. I have sent her a question on etsy asking her what gives her the right to sell someone elses pattern, I don't know if you have yet Debi but you can report it here https://www.etsy.com/uk/help/article/482/?ref=ftr, now I'm off to see what I can do on ravelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of baby hats. Awesome! You should definitely report the person who is selling your pattern. Honestly, I just don't get some people wanting to make money anyway they can. Shame on her.

    Best wishes, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice to see you back in blogland, Debi, if only for a moment. I've missed your posts. You received some beautiful donations for the GG! I love the colors in that blanket, and, oh, so many cute hats :-) I'm sorry you're dealing with pattern thievery. You're so sweet to share your patterns with us; I can't believe someone would be so despicable. I hope you get it resolved soon. Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to know this! No one should steal when you share so freely. I can't crochet to your level but enjoy looking at your beautiful crochet so much!
    p.s. some foreign people blog stole a picture off of my blog- what for? I have no idea. But shame on these people!
    ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darling hats and baby blanket. Way to go Grandma2Seven, your works will bless many little ones

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice to see you again, Debi!!:)
    Those hats are lovely!!
    It's disappointing when someone steals a pattern . I hope she removes from her list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The donation is lovely, very striking!

    Awful that someone has stolen your pattern and is selling it as their own. I'm so grateful to you for sharing so many free square patterns that you have worked hard to design-many of my blankets would be rubbish without them! It's disgusting that your generousity is being abused in that way-I hope you have been able to complain and I'm sure many of us will also write in to complain if possible!
    Sending hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Welcome back! I've missed you! What a load of baby hats! Sorry about the pattern thief. People are crazy but God is great and beer is good! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful donation!
    Sorry to hear someone was selling your pattern. That has happened to me too. I know how you feel. It's totally wrong of those people to sell other's work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Not only did they steal your pattern - looks like they stole your picture as well, just photo-shopping it to alter the color and crop out the background. Heck, the "photo" of the finished blanket/throw looks like it is just a bunch of photos of the square laid out to make a blanket. Doesn't look like they even made one! And from the Ravelry comments it looks like they have a history of things like that. They are definitely now on my list of "designers" NOT to buy from.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hola, que bonito es todo y para una buena causa.
    besos

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mrs Debi,I haven't forget you,what a lovely blanket...I guess I have seeing this yarn y Joan's Fabric...from Red Heart...it is beautiful.
    I'm making a bunch of baby stuff for my niece ,she ie having a little girl the 1st week of May,after that I will start making the Guardian Grandmas Beanies,accept my apology , I;m running a little behind , buy I haven't forget you!...thank and have a great week.

    Hugs,

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi, Debi! Happy to return to greet you!
    I am also outraged thieves patterns!
    I fully accord with you!
    I admire the generosity of guardian grandmas to give crocheted blankets and hats!
    A big hug, beautiful Debi!
    Kisses from Catalonia!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ugh--frustrating that she stole your pattern! Glad you're able to notify all of us.

    I just LOVE the color pooling on the blanket that was donated!! Just beautiful!!

    Have a great day. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)