Tuesday, April 28, 2015

~ a special baby blanket ~

Hello everyone.  A couple weeks ago Laura and I went to the campground and I started working on a baby blanket.  It actually started out to be just a square, but I liked the looks of it and thought I'd keep going.




It grew a little more - and at this point I'm really starting to love how it's coming out.


More progress - and still loving it.


Added a few rounds of open shell stitch.




I'm at a point now where I'm not too happy with it, and I think I have to 'un-crochet' a few rounds.  But that's ok - I am loving this blanket and I will get it completed.

Now you may be wondering why this baby blanket is so special since I crochet blankets for the 'guardian grandmas' all the time.  Well, it's because it will be a gift for my new grandbaby.  My daughter Erica - who is the mother of my grandsons William (15) and James (9) - is expecting.  She doesn't know if it's a boy or girl yet.  The only thing that matters is that the baby is healthy, but truth be told - I'm hoping for a girl.  ♥   

William, James and Erica

The blanket is complete finally - here it is:


Print Friendly and PDF

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful blanket and pattern Debi. Congratulations to your family on the upcoming new addition! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how exciting to have a new grandbaby on the way! :D Love your blanket!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats. I love making blankets and that's a lovely pattern. Where could I find that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie. Sorry - I haven't written up the pattern and I'm not really sure that I will. :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your family Debi how lovely another little grandchild. I have been watching your progress with this blanket on instagram and I think it's lovely a real labour of love, I'm sure you will hit on a formula that you are happy with and it will turn out just perfect.:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks beautiful. Just crochet on. The baby will love it.

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, Debi!!! That will be a treasured heirloom, that's for sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations, Debi! I hope it's a girl for you. Beautiful blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Corgratiulations! Of course this is a special blanket, when your own grandchild will be ket warm under it! It's becoming beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations!!! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debi, I love your blanket and cannot understand why you would want to rip out any of it. It is so beautiful!!
    I will hope for a girl too. :-) When is your grandbaby due?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi KAT - the baby is due in October (I can't remember the day) :)

      Delete
    2. My niece is expecting her 3rd child on May 9. A girl, after 2 boys! I just mailed her a blanket & hat today. Her sister is expecting her 1st baby on .. Oct. 9. So that one and yours are close -- well, depending on the date in Oct. that yours is due. LOL ~ Kat

      Delete
  11. That blanket is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on your wonderful news, sending love and blessings xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful blanket! Congrats on the new grand baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. … I hope for the girl, too !!!! ;oD
    your blanket is really lovely, Debi!!!!
    xxxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blanket is lovely. I don't know you just make things up as you go along. I don't know that many stitches. Ha! Congrats to all! Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blanket Debi. Congratulations on the new baby. Hope you have plenty of pink yarn ready just in case:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous news Debi :)) A;; the very best to you and your daughters family :))

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I am new to your blog, what a beautiful blanket. Is it not wonderful when they almost grow by them selves? I am sure the blanket will be treassured and keep the new little one warm and cozy! Kind regards Anna

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am new to your blog, and just saw this fabulous blanket. It is so gorgeous!! Congratulations on the new grand baby.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)