Sunday, October 4, 2015

~ yarn, crochet & plastic canvas ~

Hi everyone - I hope all is well and that you're staying dry in this wet weather.
Vince and I were out yesterday running errands - he needed to go to Sears to buy some tools, so I had him drop me off at AC Moore first.  I don't know about you, but I don't enjoy wandering around looking at tools.
I bought yarn (of course) that I really don't need, but what the hey.  The 2 mill-ends bags were $6.99 each, and the Vanna's yarn was 2 for $5.00.  I had a 25% off coupon too so that made it even better.


I used 2 strands of bulky yarns and a P hook to crochet this flower pot cover.  I have it turned upside down so I could put this mini orchid on it.


 I have started working on a scrap yarn granny square.  I'm thinking it will be a lap blanket.


I made another pill bottle cover in plastic canvas.  This picture is when I'm about half way done.


And here it is complete.  It will be kept in my craft bag.


My son graphed out this Pokeball for me so I could make him a coaster.  It was very quick and easy to do.
Plastic canvas is great for these types of projects.


Well, that's it for now.  Have a great day, and I'll see ya next time.

p.s.  you can follow me on Instagram - search for debi_y -
you'll be able to see my crafty pictures and more.   :)

Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. great yarn find! love your scrappy granny.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one ever needs a reason to buy yarn. Sometimes it just happens and sometimes it is very necessary. :) I've enjoyed using up my stash for the yarnbombing but not happy that someone is stealing all my hard work. :( Great use of the plastic canvas. I've never worked with. I do love a scrappy blanket. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tammy. I'm sorry that someone is stealing pieces from your Secret Garden - that's really terrible.

      Delete
  3. The only excuse to buy yarn you want is. ..you want it. That's why I've got is coming out of the wood work, quite literally! For the Grammy, are you just gonna do each round a different color? How do you make it end up pretty? Mine always end up looking like a hot mess, apparently I'm no good at matching up colors. ...lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amy. My scrap granny will be a different color each round with some white and cream thrown in. I really don't have any tips about the colors - I just try to make sure that the next color I'm adding looks nice next to it. :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Debi, you got a good chance and great deal for the yarn!! Lovely creations:)What count plastic canvas do you use? I have 14 count and I have stitched one project so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Preeti. I use the 7-count plastic canvas - my sister uses it too. :)

      Delete
  5. I am just loving your frugal purchase. BTW: THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS TOO MUCH YARN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have my husband drop me off at Hobby Lobby while he goes to Academy Sports. I wish we had an AC Moore store closer to home. Great job on the plastic canvas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are always busy in some crafts!!! Good for you and the results are really good!!!
    xxxxx ale

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wish we had an AC Moore around here. We have JoAnne, Pat Catans, Hobby Lobby, and Michaels. Of course Walmart too, but NOT loving that store. I think my yarn days are over for awhile. With my mom being so very sick I am finding less time to do what I want and keep saying I am going to start back sewing......that isn't happening either. When my husband was sick I it was my yarn work that kept me grounded. With mom it is a whole different story, she is constantly fussing and demands more attention.
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Debi, great yarn you got a real bargain and I love all your makes have a great week. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debi, great yarn purchase. I've got a question about the pc pill bottle cover...what do you use to attach the pc to the bottle? Just curious cause it looks like a cute little project. I may try it; Lord knows I've got enough pill bottles here ;) TIA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mary. I don't use anything to attach it to the bottle - it's tight enough to stay by itself. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)