Monday, February 15, 2016

~ baby stuff - crafty stuff ~

Hello everyone - long time, no see.  I'm sorry about that, but it seems that I've lost my blogging mojo.
I've also lost my designing new patterns mojo.
Yeah - I don't know what's going on.  Hopefully it will come back.

This little baby cocoon is for the 'guardian grandmas'.  I crocheted it with mill-ends yarn I bought from AC Moore.


This little car seat blanket is for Sami to use when she's in my car.
It's the perfect size to tuck in and cover her.
The pattern is my 'simply pretty' square - it's just made bigger.


This is a baby sling that I crafted.  It's made with a long piece of drapey fabric that I sewed 2 rings to.
I found the instructions on how to make one here:


There's a new craze going on now - adult coloring.  People are coloring all kinds of pretty pictures that I see on Instagram.
I think this mug is more my speed because I can actually use it, and also, let's face it - there's only so many pictures you can give your Mom to hang on her fridge.  :)
  

I've got a new small knitting machine.  So far, so good.
It has 22 needles and as you can see sits on 4 legs.  It's a little easier to use than the Red Heart knitting machine I had before that sits upright.
So far, I have made 2 tubes with it, which will be legwarmers if I can figure out how to make a stretchy border around the edges.


Well, I guess that's it for now.
I'll see ya next time.  ♥

Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. Love your cocoon, Debi! That yarn is so pretty! I made a couple cocoons recently. How big do you make yours? I haven't been certain as to what size they need to be. I've always loved to color...way before the craze struck. lol Have lots of coloring books. Just hard to find time to crochet and color! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita. All the cocoons I make are different sizes - I just figure it's ok since babies are different sizes. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Debi, nice to see your post:) Don't worry, it is just because you are busy with a new baby that you are not dedicated to blogging and crafting right now and a break sometimes makes us feel that we have lost mojo. Love the cocoon and blanket!! You have got another toy to play with yarn, enjoy !!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the cocoon, especially the colors :) Oh, your new knitting machine looks quite similar to mine - well, it's actually my sister's but she does not seem to miss it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So tell us what kind of knitting machine is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it has a name. I got it on ebay.
      http://www.ebay.com/itm/141835194115

      Delete
  5. Hi Debi it's lovely to see a post from you. I love all your makes and yes the colouring craze is going on over here too. I'm sure that mojo of your's will soon come back. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your cacoon & blanket Debi....... I hope you have better luck with your new knitting machine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear from you! Got to get that "mojo" back! Cute cocoons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love your work and you inspire us all to create! Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just discovered your blog, love it and so colourful.
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)