Tuesday, March 22, 2011

~ X O squared ~

While waiting in the car for J's bus, I crocheted this square.  What should I name it?  I was thinking something like 'X-O squared' because when I look at it I can see the big X, and the circle, which is the O.  Sound stupid?  I don't know.  Let me hear everyone's ideas please.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for the name ideas ladies.  I liked 'hugs & kisses' but there are some projects out there with that name - and since a few of you said that you liked 'X O squared' - I'll go with that one.  Thanks again.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Materials:
- 4-ply ww acrylic
- I hook

Size:  6" 

Notes:
- ch 2 at beginning of rnds 1 & 2 do not count as a stitch.
- I crochet tight, so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook

Directions:

Rnd 1:  Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  (24 dc)

Rnd 3:  Ch 5, dc in same dc as joining, skip next dc.  *(dc, ch 2, dc) in next dc, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beginning ch 5.

Rnd 4:  Sl st into ch 2 space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  *{ch 2, sc in next ch 2 space}, 2 times.  Ch 2, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 2 space.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  {ch 2, sc in next ch 2 space} 2 times.  Ch 2, join with a sl st to top of ch 3.

Rnd 5:  Sl st over to ch 2 corner space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  *ch 2, 3 dc in each of the next 3 ch 2 spaces.  Ch 2, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 2 corner space.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Ch 2, 3 dc in each of the next 3 ch 2 spaces.  Ch 2 , join as before.

Rnd 6:  Sl st over to ch 2 corner space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  *ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, dc in each of next 9 dc, 2 dc in ch 2 space, ch 1.  (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 2 corner space.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Ch 1, 2 dc in ch 2 space, dc in each of next 9 dc, 2 dc in ch 2 space, ch 1.  Join as before.  End off.

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

12 comments:

  1. I think roundabout or crossroads because it looks like a roundabout in the middle of a set of cross roads. I love it by the way! Rachael Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Hugs and Kisses"??? Whatever you name it, it is a very pretty square.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I kinda like "X-O Squared" but I also like "Hugs & Kisses Squared"

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I like XO -- or even Tic-Tac-Toe LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi, I love this square. You are amazing! X-O Squared is good, I like that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is a pretty square and you always seem to come up with something different all the time :)) Well done :))
    I like roundabout...
    hugs pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Why not name it J's square!!! It's nice. I'm crocheting granny squares for charity. are going to share the pattern??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, i am a new follower! I love this square, I think it would make a beautiful granny square baby afghan for a little girl. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies. I kind of like 'Hugs and Kisses' but I think I've seen that name somewhere before. I'll have to look.

    Sue - I'll get the pattern up as soon as I can. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Debi!
    I have just finished my X O square. Nice pattern indeed... Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)