Sunday, March 1, 2009

Stairsteps scarf

Materials:
- 4 1/4 oz. worsted weight acrylic (I used RHSS)
- I hook

Size: 5" x 58"

Directions:
Row 1: Ch 16, dc in 4th ch from hook and in each remaining ch. Ch 3, turn. (14 dc)

Rows 2 - 5: Dc in each dc across, dc in top of ch 3. Ch 3, turn.

Row 6: Dc in each dc across, dc in top of ch 3. Ch 9, turn.

Row 7: Dc in 4th ch from hook and in each remaining ch. Dc in next 7 dc. Ch 3, turn.

Rows 8 - 11: Dc in each dc across, dc in top of ch 3. Ch 3, turn.

Repeat Rows 6 - 11 for pattern until desired length.

For border: Sc evenly around with 3 sc in each outside corner.

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

3 comments:

  1. Just made this scarf for an old friend I haven't seen in YEARS. Your pattern was very easy to follow and just is a beautiful work! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you - I'm glad you like it. I hope your friend likes it too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the pattern. Just made one for my grandsons K-teacher as a Christmas present. I made mine in red with a black trim.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)