- 4 1/2 oz. light blue worsted weight 4-ply acrylic
- 4 1/2 oz. variegated blues and brown bulky weight acrylic
- 1 pair light blue round purse handles
- L hook (if you crochet loose, use a J or a K hook - the bag fabric has to be tight)
- plastic canvas (for bottom liner)
Size: approximately 13 1/2" x 8" x 3 1/2"
- do not join rounds, mark 1st stitch with a stitch marker.
- I crochet tight so you may want to adjust the size of your hook.
Note: this is a dc example of how to work on the opposite side of chs. The purse pattern is worked in sc's.
Rnd 1: With 1 strand light blue and 1 strand variegated held together, ch 28, 3 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Sc in next 25 chs, 3 sc in last ch. Working on opposite side of chs, sc in next 25 chs.
Rnd 2: *2 sc in next 3 sc, sc in next 25 sc. Repeat from * 1 more time.
Rnd 3: *(2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc) 3 times. Sc in next 25 sc. Repeat from * 1 more time.
Rnd 4: *(2 sc in next sc, sc in next 2 sc) 3 times. Sc in next 25 sc. Repeat from * 1 more time.
Rnd 5: *(2 sc in next sc, sc in next 3 sc) 3 times. Sc in next 25 sc. Repeat from * 1 more time.
Rnd 6: Working the rnd in back loops, sc in each sc around.
Rnds 7 - 28: Sc in each sc around. At end of Rnd 28, join with a sl st to 1st sc. End off.
Using 1 strand light blue and 1 strand variegated and working from right to left, whipstitch in each sc of Rnd 28.
Center 1 round purse handle to each side and with 1 strand light blue and 1 strand variegated, sew each handle to each side.
--tip: I used small dots of hot glue to hold the handles down while I sewed them to the bag.
Cut 2 pieces of plastic canvas to fit inside bottom of bag. Sew together and place in bag.
***Debi Y.'s idea***