Monday, March 7, 2011

~ Squircle v-2 ~

~~my trusty pattern-writing notebook and sweet-smelling pencil (sprayed with Mary Kay's 'Thinking of You')~~

Materials:
- 4-ply ww acrylic yarn
- I hook

Size:  5"

Notes:
- ch 2 at beginning of Rnds 1 and 2 do not count as a stitch
- I crochet tight, so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook

Directions:
Rnd 1:  Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  (24 dc)

Rnd 3:  Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 2.  *sc in next dc, ch 2.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 4:  Sl st into ch 2 space.  (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space.  *ch 1, skip next 2 ch-2 spaces, 3 dc in next ch 2 space, ch 1, skip next 2 ch-2 spaces, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 space.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Ch 1, skip next 2 ch-2 spaces, 3 dc in next ch-2 space.  Ch 1, skip next 2 ch-2 spaces, join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnd 5:  Sl st over to ch 2 corner space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same corner space.  *{ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 2 space} twice.  Ch 1, (3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch 2 corner space.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  {ch 1, 3 dc in next ch 2 space} twice.  Ch 1, join as before.

***Debi Y's pattern***


Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. I would love the pattern if you don't mind sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, very interested in the pattern! I can't figure out just yet how to make a square when you start out with a circle or a flower. It shouldn't be **too** hard, I just can't get my head around it. It would be muchly appreciated :-)
    Thanx in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please share. The square is adorable.
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone is interested?????? Yes, yes am interested. Thank you so much. Love your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Please post it! I love the squircles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like. It is a nice variation on the granny square.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that expression: Squircle LOL very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes please! I like this square too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the pattern notebook. My daughter bought me a journal for Christmas and I've been wanting to use it for patterns too but I'm afraid to write in it...LOL!

    ps. Love the square! :-)
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks ladies. :)

    Once you start putting patterns in your notebook Merri - it will become your favorite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sooo pretty...I love your patterns!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Debi,

    ohhhh so pretty!!!Thank you so much for sharing this pattern.
    Send you many Greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)