Wednesday, July 25, 2012

~ granny flower square ~


Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic (I used Loops & Threads Impeccable)
   - flower color
   - green
- J hook

Size:  6 3/4" square

Note:
- ch 2 at beginning of Rnd 1 does not count as a stitch

Directions:
Rnd 1:  With flower color ch 4, sl st to 1st ch to make a ring, ch 2, 16 dc in ring.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (16 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 3, 2 dc in sames st, ch 1.  *skip next dc, 3 dc in next dc, ch 1.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.  End off.

Rnd 3:  Join green with a sl st to any ch-1 space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in the same space, ch 1, 2 sc in the next ch-1 space, ch 1.  *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in the next ch-1 space, ch 1, 2 sc in the next ch-1 space, ch 1.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnd 4:  Sl st over to ch-2 corner space, (ch 3, 2 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in same space, ch 2, 2 dc in each of next 2 sc, ch 2.  *(3 dc, ch 2, 3 dc) in next ch-2 corner space, ch 1, 2 dc in each of next 2 sc, ch 2.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Join as before.

Rnd 5:  Ch 3, dc in each of next 2 dc, *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 corner space, dc in each of next 3 dc, ch 2, (dc next 2 dc together) 2 times, ch 2, dc in each of next 3 dc.  Repeat from * 1 more time.  (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 corner space, dc in each of next 3 dc, ch 2, (dc next 2 dc together) 2 times, ch 2.  Join as before.

Rnd 6:  Ch 3, dc in each of next 4 dc, *(2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 corner space, dc in each of next 5 dc, ch 2, dc next 2 dc together, ch 2, dc in each of next 5 dc.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc) in next ch-2 corner space, dc in each of next 5 dc, ch 2, dc next 2 dc together, ch 2.  Join as before. 

Rnd 7:  Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in each dc and ch around with (sc, ch 2, sc) in each ch-2 corner space.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

***Debi Y's pattern***
Print Friendly and PDF

23 comments:

  1. Hi dear Debi, This flower square is gorgeous, I like this very much. And I like soft colors so much. Now I will show this picture to my mother. You know she is crocheting a baby blanket.. And she likes granny squares so much..
    Thank you for sharing the pattern.. Really thank you very much..
    Happy days and all blessings..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I clicked on your blog to check out what you've been up to I was thinking, "I hope Debi posts a new square soon" and what do you know? You had been reading my mind!!!!! I can't wait to try this. You already know how much I love the others. This is just perfect and goes so well with the others. (Oh crystal ball is there another blanket in my future? I'm thinking there is.) ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the soft colors...very nice! thanks for sharing the pattern!
    xoxo
    Shari

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! Thanks for the pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debi - This is so pretty! And you are always so generous sharing your patterns. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how I love this pattern, so so much! I can't wait to give it a try! Thank you so much, you are awesome!!
    Hope you are enjoying the rest of the week! :)
    Hugs, LS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Debi, I'm back just to let you know that I tried the link to round ripple pattern on your sidebar but it doesn't work. Could you try to check it out?
    Best, LS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LS - I just tried it and it went through. Maybe there was a hiccup in the line somewhere. :)

      Delete
    2. Oops! So it must be due to a line hiccup! :) Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Very nice Debi thanks so much for the pattern:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi debbie,
    thanks for sharing the pattern, i just finished my granny table runner. similar to the pattern.

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh yes I love it Debi, thank you for the pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a gorgeous square. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this a lot. I've just been having a look at your posts labelled with 'pattern' and you've designed a lot of lovely granny squares and hexagons.
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  13. Debi, you are just too clever and talented. You really should publish a book with your lovely patterns. I would buy it!!!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pattern just learning to crochet so hope I can do it know how to do a granny square

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made this granny square using Lion Brand Yarns - Amazing, colors Mauna Loa and Carnival. The pattern is Deby Y's granny flower square. I posted the picture of my square on my Facebook page and referenced your blogsite and pattern. It is so beautiful and so easy to do. I left out one row of your pattern so it would match my other 6 in squares for my granny afghan. Thanks a million for your patterns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I'll have to visit and check it out. :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)