Thursday, September 25, 2014

~ asymmetrical round ripple ~

I did not like the previous round ripple I was crocheting because the points were almost the same size.  I started another and I like the size difference of the points on this one better.






I am using 4-ply worsted weight acrylic and a 'J' hook.

Notes:
- the ch 2 at the beginning of Rnd 1 does not count as a st.
- beginning shell = (ch 3, dc, ch 1, 2 dc)
- shell = (2 dc, ch 1, 2 dc)
- v-st= (1 dc, ch 1, 1dc)

Directions:
Rnd 1:  Ch 3, 12 dc in the 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to the 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 1, sc in same dc as joining st, ch 2.  *sc in next dc, ch 2.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 3:  Sl st into 1st ch-2 space, beginning shell in same ch-2 space, skip next ch-2 space, ch 1.  *shell in next ch-2 space, skip next ch-2 space, ch 1.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.  

Rnd 4:  Sl st into next dc, ch 3, shell in next shell, dc in next dc.  Skip next dc, dc in ch-1 space, skip next dc.  *dc in next dc, shell in next shell, dc in next dc, skip next dc, dc in ch-1 space, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 5:  Sl st into next dc, ch 3, dc in next dc, shell in next shell, dc in next 2 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next dc, skip next dc.  *dc in next 2 dc, shell in next shell, dc in next 2 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next dc, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 6:  Sl st into next dc, ch 3, dc in next 2 dc, shell in next shell, dc in next 3 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next v-st, skip next dc.  *dc in next 3 dc, shell in next shell, dc in next 3 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next v-st, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 7:  Sl st into next dc, ch 3, dc in next 3 dc, v-st in next shell, dc in next 4 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next v-st, skip next dc.  *dc in next 4 dc, v-st in next shell, dc in next 4 dc, skip next dc, v-st in next v-st, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 8:  Sl st into next dc, ch 3, dc in next 3 dc, shell in next v-st, dc in next 4 dc, skip next dc, shell in next v-st, skip next dc.  *dc in next 4 dc, shell in next shell, dc in next 4 dc, skip next dc, shell in next v-st, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If you have crocheted round ripples before, then you know what to do next.  Keep following the pattern by working 2 rnds of shell st in the points, and then 1 rnd of v-st in the points.  Increase the dc's on the sides as the pattern dictates. 

- shell st rnd
- shell st rnd
- v-st rnd
repeat however many times you would like.

***Debi Y's pattern***

Print Friendly and PDF

21 comments:

  1. Debi! I love this thank you! You are so very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, Debi, and thanks for sharing your pattern with us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks. I like that it doesn't have big holes. Since I usually make things for the homeless I like them to be very warm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Suzette...like there are no big holes. Though I have admired these patterns I've never attempted it but this one I will this winter. Thanks Debi. :o) I really like your colors choices too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you Debi, this is really good!!!! ;oD
    xxxxxx Ale

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a pretty pattern Debi:) thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Their star blankets have a special charm!
    I have never ever done any like this, maybe one day!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Have a nice day, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this pattern Debi :)) I have love round ripple blankets , they are not boring :)) As there are two new Grandies on the way I will have to get my hook, hooking LOL..thanks for sharing, have a great weekend ..hugs Pat :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love to make Round Ripple afghans! Your new one is so clever! I will definitely give it a try....after I complete the "finishing touches" on the tablecloth I am making for my daughter's birthday. Thank you so much for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a very pretty pattern. I'm thinking of making just a small one to use as a table centre for a modern look. Thanks for sharing your pattern. xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like this one better too. Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice, Debi :-) Thanks for another wonderful pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the way this looks. Just printed it and I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks for the pattern, Debi!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really like them both, but have to agree with you about the points on the second one. I keep saying I will try this round pattern and this one might just nudge me enough to do it. Thanks for sharing the pattern. Hope all is well and you have a good weekend.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I made a round ripple years ago, but this one looks much nicer. I love the colors, and must echo what Suzetta and Sandra said - no big holes! Thank you so much for sharing this pattern with us. Leaves are falling, Summer is over, and I feel the need to crochet!! 'Just about finished with a blanket; I'm starting this next.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's lovely Debi, another one I must try, thank you so much for the pattern. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I LOVE IT!!!! Just the pattern for some blanket yarn I received a while back. I've been mulling over in my mind what I wanted to do with it -- buying yarn before I pick out a pattern is a problem I have -- I do it way too often. Anyway, this will be perfect. THANK YOU so much!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, thank you so much for sharing your pattern with us. It looks lovely. My eyes can see it with some nice Christmas colors too! I like that the points are 2 different sizes.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really liked the other one but I can see what you mean with the points and it does look really pretty this way.
    Thanks so much for writing the pattern as well Debi
    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)