Sunday, March 21, 2010

Debi Y's hexagon - version 1 - **pattern fixed**


I've been crocheting lots of grannies trying to use up some of my yarn and to give me a project that I can tote back and forth to work. I wanted to try a different motif so here is my version of a hexagon. I have crocheted this one in just one color, but I'm thinking of crocheting them in 3 colors. Maybe I'll do a mix - solid hex's, variegated hex's and multi-color hex's.   :)

Materials:

- 4-ply ww acrylic yarn
- I hook

Size: 5" side to side

Notes:

- beginning shell = (ch 3, dc, ch 2, 2 dc)
- shell = (2 dc, ch 2, 2 dc)
- ch 3 at beginning of Rnd 1 does not count as a stitch

Directions:

Rnd 1: Ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook. Join with a sl st to 1st dc. (12 dc)

Rnd 2: Ch 1, sc in same st, ch 3. *Skip next dc, sc in next dc, ch 3. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st to 1st sc. (6 ch 3 loops)

Rnd 3: Sl st into ch 3 space. Beginning shell in same ch 3 space, ch 1. *Shell in next ch 3 space, ch 1. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st to top of ch 3.

Rnd 4: Sl st over to ch 2 space. Beginning shell in same ch 2 space. Ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 space. *Ch 1, shell in next shell. Ch 1, 2 dc in next ch 1 space. Repeat from * around. Join as before.

Rnd 5: Sl st over to ch 2 space. Beginning shell in same ch 2 space. Ch 1, 2 dc in each ch 1 space across. *Ch 1, shell in next shell. Ch 1, 2 dc in each ch 1 space across. Repeat from * around. Join as before. End off.

**Debi Y.'s - version 1**
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. Debi, I love this. I will have to do these. Thanks for sharing.

    Have a great day.
    blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks glor - I'm glad you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you connect the hexagons after you finish them all? They are so sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carolyn. You can either slip stitch or sc the motifs together. :)

      Delete
  4. Great. One could just continue the pattern for an afghan without having to join numerous hexagons. a good way to use up left-over yarn .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debi,
    Thanks for this easy and fast looking pattern. Do you have a half pattern to share?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many rounds can be done without it curling?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)