Tuesday, May 17, 2011

~ flower coaster ~


Materials:

- 4-ply ww acrylic
   - yellow
   -pink
- J hook

Size:  approximately 4 1/2" across

Notes:

- ch 2 at beginning of Rnds 1 & 2 do not count as a st
- I crochet tight so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook

Directions:

Rnd 1:  With yellow, ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st.  2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  End off.  (24 dc)

Rnd 3 (front petals):  Join pink with a sc to any dc, ch 3, skip next dc.  *Sc in next dc, ch 3, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 4 (front petals):  Sl st into ch-3 space, (ch 1, sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in same ch-3 space.  (Sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc) in each ch-space around.  Join as before.  End off.

Rnd 3 (back petals):  Holding front petals toward you, join pink with a sc in any skipped sc, ch 4.  *Sc in next skipped sc, ch 4.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnd 4 (back petals):  Sl st into ch-4 space, (ch 1, sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc) in same ch-4 space.  (Sc, hdc, 2 dc, hdc, sc) in each ch-4 space around.  Join as before.  End off.

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

14 comments:

  1. That is soooooo pretty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice Debi. I like the solid center--looks nice and seems like it would do a better job at keeping moisture from table tops.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love this....I want to make one that looks like a sun flower! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. liking this..I think I will try it in cotton..I think it might asorb more in my humid climate..thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Debi, this is too cute! I *love* flowers, and I do believe I am going to have to try some of these. Thanks for sharing the directions. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty Debi, thank you for sharing your pattern. Hope your week is going well. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet coaster! Thank you so much for sharing your pattern my friend.

    Big hugs,
    ♥Anita
    http://aseknc.blogspot.com/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/aseknc/
    To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping. - - Chinese Proverb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Debi for this very pretty pattern!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ladies.

    Sara - great idea to make a sunflower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Debi. So pretty, I have to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you! Can't wait to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your banner...if you made those, they are awesome

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks ladies.

    Thank you Sandy - yes, I crocheted the scrappy round ripples in my banner. Quick and easy to do. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)