Thursday, May 5, 2011

~ granny bottle cozy ~

Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic or cotton
- I hook

Size:  fits small 8 oz. bottle

Notes:
- ch 2 at beginning of Rnds 1 & 2 do not count as a stitch
- I crochet tight, so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook

Directions:

Rnd 1:  Ch 3, work 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join with a sl st to back loop of 1st dc.  (24 dc)

Rnd 3:  Working this rnd in back loops only, ch 3, 2 dc in same back loop as joining, skip next 2 dc, ch 1.  *3 dc in next back loop, ch 1, skip next 2 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnds 4 - 8:  Sl st over to ch-1 space.  Ch 3, 2 dc in same space, ch 1.  *3 dc in next ch-1 space, ch 1.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3.

Rnd 9:  Ch 1, sc joining st and next dc together.  Sc in next 14 dc's and ch-1 spaces, sc next 2 dc together, sc in next 14 dc's and ch-1 spaces.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

~~For large 16.9 oz. bottle:

Rnds 1 - 3:  Repeat Rnds 1 - 3 of small size.

Rnds 4 - 14:  Repeat Rnd 4 of small size.

Rnd 15:  Repeat Rnd 9 of small size.

***Debi Y's pattern***
Print Friendly and PDF

16 comments:

  1. Thank you for the directions on making these. I love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay that is super cute and would work great for when the bottles are sweating. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would also like to thank you for sharing this patterns and I am looking forward to trying it out. I always have bottles that sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute idea Debi, thank you for sharing your pattern. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing the pattern--it's just what I need. We are going on vacation soon and my daughter always has a water bottle with her. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to make one of these. I have a bottle that I use all day around the house for water/lemonade. I get frustrated because it sweats everywhere, and a paper towel just doesn't cut it. This will be the perfect fix! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your nice comments ladies. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea! Love the small one, supercute ^^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea! Thanks for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are really lovely! :) /Limar

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my goodness, that is too cute! What a great idea to keep your water bottle from sweating on everything else it comes in contact with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been making these for awhile but had to make it up as I went. Now I am happy to have a pattern to follow. You can't imagine how many people ask me to make them one when they see mine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)