Sunday, July 3, 2011

~ TMNT bottle cozy ~

I came upon this pattern one day while checking out Crochet Pattern Central - it's a cute coffee cup cozy.  My grandsons like the TMNT's (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles) so I thought of them when I first saw it.  The only thing, of course, is that they don't drink coffee - so I crocheted a bottle cozy.  This is the purple one - I think it's Leonardo - he's for James.  I am almost finished with the orange one - Michaelangelo - he's for William.  :)


Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
  - green
  - mask color
- J hook
- pair of 1" wiggle eyes

Size:  fits 16.9 oz. bottle

Notes:
- I crochet tight so you may want to adjust the size of your crochet hook
- The ch 2 at the beginning of the dc rnds does not count as a stitch

Directions:

Rnd 1:  With green, ch 3, 12 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  (24 dc)

Rnd 3:  Ch 1, 2 sc in same st as joining, sc in next 5 dc.  (2 sc in next dc, sc in next 5 dc) 3 more times.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  (28 sc)  

Rnd 4:  Working this rnd only in back loops, ch 1, sc in each sc around.  Join as before.  

Rnd 5:  Ch 2, dc in each sc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.

Rnd 6:  Ch 1, sc in each dc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.

Rnds 7 - 10:  Repeat Rnds 5 - 6.

Rnd 11:  Repeat Rnd 5.  End off.

Rnd 12:  Join mask color with a sl st to 1st dc.  Ch 1, sc in each dc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  

Rnds 13 - 16:  Repeat Rnds 5 - 6.  At end of Rnd 16, end off.

Rnd 17:  Join green with a sl st to 1st sc.  Ch 2, dc in each sc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.

Rnd 18:  Repeat Rnd 6.  End off.

- glue eyes to mask

***Debi Y's pattern***
Print Friendly and PDF

9 comments:

  1. That's cute! It is sometimes hard to figure out what to crochet for boys and you hit it on the head with this one. Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute Debi! They are sure to love these. You always come up with the cutest ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leonardo and Michelangelo - that's funny :)
    I've still got some plastic eyes at home, maybe I'll make a Botticelli - or rather: Bottlecelli :)
    Adorable, really!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies. :)

    Barbara - that's funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too adorable! My kid brother and sister were into TMNT when we were kids. I was a little older so I wasn't but I have fond memories of them playing with their TMNT action figures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I liked very much your job, all your crochet work, I was finding this patern and I am very happy to find the instructionns, is amazing your job!!! Dora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the pattern :-) My sister is having a boy after two girls and her family (especially the hubby) LOVES superheros and TMNT so I am going to try this pattern and see if it will work for a baby bottle. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. de très beaux modèles treès originaux ,et splendides,BRAVO

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)