Saturday, January 21, 2012

~ a little flower headband ~

I'm straightening up my craft room and came across a couple of granny squares that had little flowers attached to them.  I decided to just go ahead and frog the squares - but I kept the cute little flowers to add to purchased headbands.  I bought a pack of these headbands (they come in a pack of 4 different colors) from The Dollar Tree last summer.  Man I love that store.  :) 

Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
   - flower color
   - green
- I hook

Size:  approximately 2 1/4"

Directions:
Rnd 1:  With flower color ch 2, 8 sc in 2nd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to front loop of 1st sc. 

Rnd 2:  Working this Rnd in front loops, ch 1, sc in same front loop.  Ch 3, *sc in next front loop, ch 3.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

Rnd 3:  Hold Rnd 2 loops to the front and join green with a sc to any back loop, ch 3, sc in same back loop.  (sc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next back loop, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next back loop, (2 dc, ch 1, sc) in next back loop, (sc, ch 3, sc) in next back loop, (sc, ch 1, 2 dc) in next back loop, (dc, ch 1, dc) in next back loop, (2 dc, ch 1, sc) in next back loop.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off. 

Insert headband thru opposite loops - apply a dab of glue to the underside of the flower middle if you want the flower to stay on permanently.

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

7 comments:

  1. how cute Debi... the afghan in the background of this picture with the headband on the head.. is that pattern on your blog? it is super cute...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dana. The window topper is made with the 'african flower' hexagons. If you google it, you should be able to find the pattern. I blogged a little about it here:

      http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2011/07/window-topper.html

      Delete
    2. Thanks Debi- I will look it up... I love reading your blog it always makes me smile .

      Delete
  2. Very nice and cute .....love it ! :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ms.Debi! Thrilled to see you doing so well! Had a blast playing catch up. The pic of you throwing the grenade was awesome..would love to hear more about those pics! I was so excited to read that your selling your patterns now! ABOUT TIME..your patterns are great! They should do very well.Take care..xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a cute idea my nieces will love one of these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This headband is so sweet! Thanks for sharing this, Debi!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)