Saturday, January 14, 2012

~ Valentine garland ~

Note:  (I live in Maryland)  The 1st time I bought the heart bracelets, I got them from the Dollar General in the kids party section.  The bracelets I bought today are from the Dollar Tree in the Valentine section.


~~~


Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic (I used Red Heart Soft)
- 10 plastic heart shaped bracelets
- I crochet hook

Size:  60" long

Directions:
(1st paragraph) - Ch 7, sl st in 1st ch to form a ring.  *ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Repeat from * 4 more times.  Sc around top right lobe of heart bracelet, ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sc around top left lobe of heart bracelet.

(2nd paragraph) - Ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Repeat from * 2 more times.  Sc around top right lobe of heart bracelet, ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook, sc around top left lobe of heart bracelet. 

Repeat 2nd paragraph until all 10 heart bracelets are connected.

*ch 4, 2 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Repeat from * 4 more times.  Ch 7, sl st in 1st ch to form a ring.  End off. 

***Debi Y's version***
Print Friendly and PDF

15 comments:

  1. What a fun idea, Debi! So cute! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet...will have to look for those bracelets ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so simple - thanks for this idea. Like the grip on your hook. Is that an add on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much ladies. :)

    Sara Duggan - I made the handle with polymer clay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these bracelets you've been using in your crochet. I've looked around several places here and no one seems to carry them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. These bracelets are great.. What a wonderful way of using them in your crochet :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Debi,

    your "Valentine Garland" looks very beautiful...thank you so much for sharing this great idea.
    Friday i´ve send out your Granny Square by Mail. I hope it goes fast...and you like it.
    I wish you a wonderful sunday and send you many greetings,
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very sweet! I love these hearts. Found them last year at our Dollar Tree. Will look again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so creative and crafty. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very, very, very cute!! :) Your head must be loaded with ideas:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So fast and easy. I mad four two long and two short. I hung them at the top of my daughters bed posts. She loves them!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for the pattern and idea,, I am heading to Dollar store after church!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)