Wednesday, January 2, 2013

~ a TMNT hat (with pattern) ~


 
Here's another TMNT hat for James - this one has an orange stripe for Michaelangelo.  He hasn't asked for the other 2 yet, but if he does, I'll be making them too.  Good thing they're quick and easy.  :)

~James' TMNT hat

Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
  - green
  - mask color
- J hook
- two 1" wiggle eyes

Size:  I'll have to get the measurements later, but this hat fits my 6 year old grandson

Notes:
- I crochet tight, so you may need to adjust the size of your crochet hook 
- the ch 2 at the beginning of rnds does not count as a stitch

Directions:
Rnd 1:  With green ch 3, 11 dc in 3rd ch from hook.  Join with a sl st to 1st dc.

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnd 3:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 4:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next 2 dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 5:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next 3 dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 3 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 6:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next 4 dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 4 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnds 7 - 9:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  At end of Rnd 9, end off.

Rnd 10:  Join mask color with a sl st to 1st dc, ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnds 11 - 12:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.  At end of Rnd 12, end off.

Rnd 13:  Join green with a sl st to 1st dc, ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnds 14 - 16:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before.

Rnd 17:  Ch 1, sc in same st as joining, sc in each dc around.  Join with a sl st to 1st sc.  End off.

- glue wiggle eyes to mask

***Debi Y's version***     
Print Friendly and PDF

10 comments:

  1. What a darling hat!

    I read in the paper last week where they are asking people not to send things to Newtown because they are overwhelmed with things and have no way to store or to distribute. They've also received something like 40 million dollars! Can you believe it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - that's amazing. I should shoot Amanda an email and let her know. Thanks Bev. :)

      Delete
    2. I saw your comment Bev, so I didn't email her. Thanks again. :)

      Delete
  2. That's clever: every day he can be another TMNT ;-)
    He must be very happy with his grandmother! (not only for the hats, of course)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the hat Debi....you are always making something that is cute, you are so creative. Hope this is a better year for everyone. We could all use some cheerfulness and better luck. 2012 ended on such a sad note for so many people, the idea for making blankets for victims is a positive one. If something more definite is planned I think I could find a bit of time to make something. Let us know if you hear anything more.
    (((HUGS))) Susanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Susanne, I am Amanda. I have been trying to find the needed information to be able to donate the blankets. I am hoping to donate them directly to the families, and if not directly, to a charity that is involved with the Sandy Hook families. Thank you for your interest. http://handmadewithlove2013.blogspot.com/ is my blog, I have recently changed its name so I wanted to make sure that people who were interested could find it. I have found one charity, Project Linus that donates blankets to children who are suffering from illnesses, which may be a way to donate the blankets to those in need. Like I said I am still looking for information so please keep an eye out for an update.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute ...Mrs. Debi ...I have to make one for my nephew ...you are inspiring me to make it....later ...I have some other stuff to finish....,

    I will check the Info about Sandy Hook Elementary....thanks .

    Xo,Xo,Xo

    Luna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debi, I am so happy that you have returned to your bloger facet.
    You will be better you made crocheting every day, true.
    Be strong! We all love you and want the best for you!
    Kisses!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Neat idea! ^.^ I was also a TMNT fan when I was small!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)