Saturday, January 26, 2013

~ wiggles baby hat ~


Crocheted this little wiggles baby hat today while watching a JAG dvd.  I've already started another one.  :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Materials:
- 4-ply worsted weight acrylic
   - hat color
   - wiggles color
- J hook

Notes:
- I crochet tight so you may need to adjust the size of your crochet hook
- the ch 2 at the beginning of Rnds does not count as a stitch

Directions:
Rnd 1:  With hat color, ch 3 (make your 1st chain a little large), work 12 dc into the 3rd ch from the hook.  Join with a sl st to the 1st dc.  (12 dc)

Rnd 2:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, 2 dc in each dc around.  Join as before. 

Rnd 3:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnd 4:  Ch 2, 2 dc in same st as joining, dc in next 2 dc.  *2 dc in next dc, dc in next 2 dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join as before.

Rnds 5 - 10:  Ch 2, dc in same st as joining, dc in each dc around.  Join as before. 

Rnd 11:  Ch 4, skip next dc.  *dc in next dc, ch 1, skip next dc.  Repeat from * around.  Join with a sl st to the 3rd ch of the beginning ch 4. 

Rnd 12:  Ch 1, sc in same st as joining.  Sc in each dc and ch-1 space around.  Join with a sl st to the 1st sc.  End off.

for wiggles:
Join wiggles color with a sl st around any dc, (ch 3, 3 dc) around same dc. *turn piece counter-clockwise, 4 dc around next dc. Turn piece clockwise, 4 dc around next dc. Repeat from * around. Join with a sl st to top of beginning ch 3. End off.

***Debi Y's pattern***
Print Friendly and PDF

20 comments:

  1. That is really cute Debi. You always come up with neat ideas. Hope you are enjoying a nice weekend. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just have received the cutest award for the day! Precious!
    Hugs, Shari

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear friend, I went to the mailbox this morning and found a lovely card with an angel inside. It set me off into tears just thinking how sweet you are to make that for me. I know you lost your sister unexpectedly weeks ago and I am so sorry that I have not had the time to do something special for you. I have been so busy. Ten days with Hospice and then the planning of a memorial service. I have spent 3 days this week making all the phone calls, and then I think of another one I need to make. They are endless. My kitchen table is a pile of notes and papers related to all the people I have had to notify of his passing. There will be forms coming in the mail for me to fill out and return. I see our attorney on Monday, and the VA on Tuesday. I am giving my one brother 4 grave lots and buying another in the cemetery where his mother and father decided they wanted to rest. He was cremated so there is no hurry. I have to get us a stone as well. Thursday was the service and yesterday I was swamped with more tasks related to all this. I have not had time to think of much else. Today I spent removing his name from the dozens of medication bottles. I will take them to the doctor's office where I use to work. A nun comes by now and then to collected the samples of medications that are about to expire and they are used for missionary purposes. She also accepts the unused meds from patients. They will be used for a good cause instead of being destroyed at the sheriff's office. I have not picked up a crochet hook in weeks now. By evening time I am drained. The tv has been on a bit, but it is more or less so I don't feel so alone in this house. I had a good man. He is missed and still loved, and always will be.
    Love you Debi,
    Susanne ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Susanne. I'm glad to hear that you received the card - it was the least I could do. Please know that I am thinking of you and sending you comforting hugs just like I knew that you thought of me when my sister Teri passed.

      Even though our loved ones are gone from this Earth - we will always hold them in our hearts.

      Delete
    2. Yes we will, and maybe Teri is sitting in the lovely garden in heaven and Roger is wondering why there are no weeds to hoe. They will wait for us when it is our time to go and be with them. Our work on earth is not yet done. We are still needed here.

      Delete
  4. Oh wow Mrs Debi !....adorable....love the yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is just adorable. One of the cutest little hats ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hat is so cute and I love the name you gave it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So adorable! This could make a good preemie hat too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute and unique! I bet it'll be all over Pinterest, soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute hat Debi. You do such a lovely job hun:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The hat is very cute Debi! I saw your guest post on Barbara's blog and loved reading your warm and funny lines. I am a very bad baker so I am ok with the cookies and cakes you make;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha that is such a cute hat! I would smile every time I looked at that.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message - it always puts a smile on my face. If you have a question - post it here and check back - I will always answer you. :)